drum loops in piano roll?

unless the drum loop is a midi file i dont think thiers no way of getting he hits up. as reference said jus load it into a slicer and then arrange hem yourself

The program im using called renoise has possibly the most easy functional way to chop and assign to piano roll.

its pretty complicated at first and its appearance isn't too nice compared to professional programs... i forgot to say that the demo comes with everything except for a renderer or something... It's the only program i use to make tunes though, as well as audacity, i can't afford anything :/.

1. create a layer (channel)
3. select the samples you want in the same piano roll (hold shift to select multiple channels)
4. press "set children" in the channel settings for the layer
5. go to the channel settings for one of the samples
- go to "misc"
- double click inside the little white area above whichever note at the bottom of the settings box to select the zone for the sample, for example "C5"
- next to "Root note: C5" this will appear: " / zone: C5 to C5"
6. go back to your layer channel and play C5 it will play the sample you chose!

This is all from memory, but should work.. let me know if it helped (y)

if your using fruity, use the fruity slicer.

naaaa, slicex..... maybe a bit intimidating at first but its so much more powerful that the slicer

with slicex you can assign every slice to a different fx channel...... this alone makes it 1000x better

naaaa, slicex..... maybe a bit intimidating at first but its so much more powerful that the slicer

with slicex you can assign every slice to a different fx channel...... this alone makes it 1000x better

that's as maybe, but i'm still finding my way with fruity, so i'm happy with the fruity slicer for now. i have to say though, fruity loops shits all over acid pro

hey acid pro is gud for changing the tempo on your loops/samples ;\ lol. And its brother Soundforge is also wicked for correcting/sorting out audio

Back
Top Bottom