Favorite VST's ?

deadaelus

Laughter in the Slaughter
VIP Junglist
what are your favorite VST plugins ?

I liked using the spectrasonic's stuff & the Ohm Force stuff.

What VST's would you stay away from ?

My favorite VSTs are Massive, z3ta+, Rock, Triangle II, Junglist & Absynth.
I cant think of any to stay away from but there are loads of freebies that i have downloaded and never used coz they were shit.
PEACE!

mine and billys latest tune has no plugs at all, except a peakcontroller and a free filter.
we do it all with outboard gear and cooledit. this is a setup weve arrived at after long and careful consideration.

if youve got cooledit and fruityloops with its native plugs you dont need much, but here are a few really good ones, all free:

Audiodamage Rough Rider compressor
SiR impulse reverb
Puncher or Bittersweet
TLA 2029 (dont remember the exact name, but its free) maximizer
Analogic Delay

:love:

I use

Waves Diamond Bundle
Massive
Zeta
jungalist
arcdev mainliner
hotelsinus

the list could go on but thier my favourite

Where can I get junglist? Is it any good for DnB? (is it like massive a bit?)

I use Lounge Lizzrad, 3x osc and Zebra2

Recently acquired Massive, liking it very much so far. Also been using Bojo Impulse (free) for years now for simple sine subs or even more complex basses when having multiple instances of it. Effects vary, a shitload of free b-class vst's.

Hey, new to the forum!
I use Albino3, Massive and Linplug Octopus.
Also use a variety of effect vsts, ableton comes with a good set of eq and delay options.
A frequency analyzer is important to have too.

mine and billys latest tune has no plugs at all, except a peakcontroller and a free filter.
we do it all with outboard gear and cooledit. this is a setup weve arrived at after long and careful consideration.

This sounds interesting, do you have audio somewhere? And what about that E-MU sampler you got, i tried asking you about on DOA but that got lost in bitspace... Is that emu sound really worth the trouble of learning a HW sampler? And would you happen to know about emu software filters and such compared to the real thing?

future audio workshop circle - not quite massive, but the cracked versions don't fuck up. strange little soft synth, although you can get some fat sounds if you have the patience.

The only vst i've ever used is crystal, its ok i guess... but i wouldn't know obviously.
any one know any good free ones FOR MACS.

I have loads of instruments and effects, mainly downloaded illegally or from Computer Music Magazine where you can get a shit load of free plug ins and great advise on producing esspecially for DnB. Last issue they had Brookes Bros going thru how they made "tear you down" which is one of my favourite promos in my box at the min. I use alot of sampling in my productions so when it comes to effect plug ins i use all the standard ones included in Cubase aswell as CM Studio effects also in sound processing. I also use Adobe Audition when it comes to processing sounds. My favourite eva effect plug in though has got to be Celemony Melodyne, its the sickest ever sample and audio processing plug in ive ever used. I use ut al the time and its soooo easy to clock. The GUI for editing, pitch shifting, quantizing and moving individual hits of samples in real time is genius and helps me alot when incorperating non Dnb speed samples into my shit.

Fav VST Instruments:
Massive (obviously)
Electra Bass Rack CM (amazing easy to use bass synth with bare presets)
Genesis CM
Reason 4

Fav Effect Plugins:
Celemony Melodyne Plugin
Freq Analyst CM
VST Dynamics
CM Fuzz

Massive all the way, Korg legacy collection, And the new Native Instruments Komplete 5 has everything you'll ever need, take a peek;

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=komplete5
KOMPLETE 5 Includes the Following Instruments:

* KONTAKT 3 - the industry-standard sampler with a 33 GB library
* GUITAR RIG 3 Software Edition - the ultimate guitar and bass studio
* MASSIVE - the formidable sound monster for fat basses and more
* REAKTOR 5 - the extremely versatile, modular instrument studio
* ABSYNTH 4 - the legendary synthesizer for vivid soundscapes
* BATTERY 3 - the dedicated drum sampler providing premium drum kits
* AKOUSTIK PIANO - three famous grands and one upright
* ELEKTRIK PIANO - the sounds of four renowned electric pianos
* B4 II - perfectly recreates the sound of the legendary B3 organ
* FM8 - FM synth for crystal-clear, airy, and razor-sharp digital sounds
* PRO-53 - the faithful reproduction of a synth legend

Battery 3 once you've mastered it on good production software is really handy. If your good with creating your own drum rhythms that is, and dont prefer using pre made samples.

And its only >$1200 :eek:

my fave VST's (not VSTi's)......

Kjaerhaus Audio Classic Delay

Audio Damage Dubstation

Soundfont.it's GS-201 Tape Echo

Fruity Parametric EQ2

Tone2 BiFilter

PSP SpringVerb

Soundfonts.it Type4 Spring Reverb

Waves RVerb

Waves TrueVerb

Fruity Reeverb 2

Waves C1 Compressor

Fruity Multiband Compressor

Waves PAZ Analyser

Waves Q-Paragraphic EQ's

PSP Vintage Warmer

Altiverb 6 is a beast too but im having trouble running it on my machine so i dont really use it much atm

Back
Top Bottom