is anybody else getting tired of people whining about drum and bass.. "these days"?

Nutek

movement junglist
VIP Junglist
There's countless threads about it, it's starting to get quite tedious. I wish people would just stop moaning about drum and bass, theres still drums and theres still bass. If you don't like a sub-genre - don't listen to it, why moan about it?

There's always going to be something people don't like but there's no point going on about it, get over it!

RANT OVER :)

Re: is anybody else getting tired of people whining about drum and bass.. "these days

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Bruv..its pissin me off too..i love drum and bass and love everything about it and am fascinated on where it will be in 5 years time because its moving so well..all i read about on here is how people dont like jump up and how people thing its all the same...drum and bass is fuckin wicked and you should be supporting it not picking holes in it

Re: is anybody else getting tired of people whining about drum and bass.. "these days

If you dont like it do one

SURE AS HELL AM!!!

I've been listening for over 10 years now, and its just as good if not better nowadays. The reason i say this is because back in the day, say 98-99, there was no where near the number of producers we have today. It was basically the big Uk guys running things. Things were great don't get me wrong..real great! BUT, today everybody and their mothers, are producing, from all over the world! Granted, that can make alot of bland music come about, but you just have to look for your tastes. There is soOOO much to choose from, and if you can't find your liking, then you better find a new type of music. DNB forever.

lol well said! tbh anything even if its slagging off drum n bass is still good for it imo coz it gets people thinkin about it. for example if i sed mr, happy (for example) was shit and jus like every other new track, the first thing most ppl would do is go and listen to it. but yer no ones gonna force you to listen to it so dont moan!

for me, drum and bass is a love affair. now as it is with any lover, there are going to be things that slightly annoy you but then there are things that you would absolutely die for. the question is, can you be grown up enough to look past the small things that you're not so keen on and respect it for what it does and can do for you*

Yeah I agree man. If you don't like a certain sound there is enough other stuff to listen too.

yep!!

all music has its ups and downs...thats what makes it what it is!!...its the only way a genre develops!!...get used to it!!!

There's countless threads about it, it's starting to get quite tedious. I wish people would just stop moaning about drum and bass, theres still drums and theres still bass. If you don't like a sub-genre - don't listen to it, why moan about it?

There's always going to be something people don't like but there's no point going on about it, get over it!

RANT OVER :)

like you say there are sub-genres, i dont know why they are moanin tbh probably because most of the big raves are upfront dnb but there are still plenty of nights that are not hospitatlity/hardware etc if you dont like it dont go to said rave or listen to the music ffs! :D

i was watching an interview with spor the other day and he got it right.....the people who moan about dnb are the people who dont actually go to the raves.

people who r moanin ave 2 sey 2 demselves y r dey lisenin 2 da music if dey feel dat way, y not goin lisen 2 sumfink compltely different insted of fukin whininng.

i still hate jump up tho! :)

I ate catagories..a good ole mixture of styles moods and flavours are what a good mix needs !!

I love all d'n'b! Each sub genre has a key to my chasstady belt...and boy do they use it!

for me, drum and bass is a love affair. now as it is with any lover, there are going to be things that slightly annoy you but then there are things that you would absolutely die for. the question is, can you be grown up enough to look past the small things that you're not so keen on and respect it for what it does and can do for you*

i was watching an interview with spor the other day and he got it right.....the people who moan about dnb are the people who dont actually go to the raves.

I ate catagories..a good ole mixture of styles moods and flavours are what a good mix needs !!

All three of these pretty much sum it up. Well put:applause:

Back
Top Bottom