THIS IS BOLLOCKS...

GZero, Its funny 'cuz even the worst producers atm have more talent then you in their little pinky finger. If you truly cared about the state drum & bass then you'd do something to change it i.e. dj or produce...BUT you probably have no talent whatsoever and would most definately get booed off of the stage and get tomatoes thrown at you. Do you really think that the producers that make the songs that your bashing care whatsoever about your opinion. STOP BITCHING AND GET UP OFF YOUR ASS AND DO SUMTHING...fuck

Doc Scott, Marcus Intalex, Calibre and all the stuff they play/produce and their opinions of the scene are what restored my faith when I was in a similar mind set to you. It was about two or three years ago now when all I had really been listening to was Fab & Groove radio 1 show and, with all due respect to them, I was starting to get bored of the music. Then I came across Soul:ution radio and Doc Scotts myspace mixes and it was a revelation.

As Marcus Intalex says

"The true sound of Drum & Bass. Not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who's just listened to Slipmat (Slipknot?) on their first E and decided to make drum and bass. No, it's not that. It's real drum and bass, made by real people who have liked drum and bass for a long time. It's not a rock thing, it's not a fame thing, it's not a money thing. It's a love thing."

In terms of more jump up stuff, I like Hype as he plays a good range of styles, and he's been into the scene for so long he knows good jump up from bad. The Full Cycle crew are better than most too. As for MC's, I've never seen the point in most of them. They have their use on the night, but I don't need to hear them on recordings at home. If I want to hear rhyming I'll put some hip hop on thanks.

You mention the different styles of music which have been uploaded here. I don't think that's because people are bored of dnb. Dnb is influenced by all these styles of music, that's how it was created in the first place. A giant melting pot of musical ideas and influences and different vibes. I'm concerned that a lot of the poor dnb produced today is made by people whose only musical influence is dnb from the last 6 months.

bring back the late 90s! what happened to shit like turbulence, titan, wormhole etc?!

Last edited:
Im not bang into jump up anymore. well i like it but not as much.
get some sick tunes still but all ive been listening to really is anything from:
Freak
Tech Itch Recordings
Penertration
Algorythm
Barcode
Offkey
Obscene
Evol Intent Recordings
Lifted Music

As for Jump up i will only get sets with DECENT mcs on such as harry shotta, Mekar, Gusto, Stevie Hyper D, GQ and SP(aslong as the DJ is good), older skibadee and fun sets(when the mc beef was present).
Ive been listening to liquid alot and stuff which has abit of a jungle element such as the stuff that gets played in Dj Vapour Mixes.
Mainly because i like to put abit of atmosphere in my tunes(my newest), during the main part.
Jump Up Dosent really do that anymore.

Jump Up is played alot more because it is one of the most recognized Sub Genres in drum and bass, i feel that its got bigger since the DJ Hype DNBA cd.
I dunno though

Big respect bro!

I'm getting fucking tired of the DNB scene at the moment

It's all fucking jump up which I hate, the MCs nowdays are FUCKING TERRIBLE (Don't talk to me about Harry Shotta, he's got lyrics but I've heard his recent shows, he cant cut it.)

What happened to Liquid? What happened to Jungle Tech? LTJ Bukem is probably scared to play nowdays, you all seem to be after fucking mindless AGGRESSIVE synthy type tracks that in my opinion are just fucking noisy wank. It's like fucking bazookas by a microphone. FUCKING CLOWNSTEP MAN.

I used to come here every day, grab at least 2 new sets and that'd be me. I still come every day, I've not downloaded a set in weeks.

I dont really have any specific criticism, this is a rant, but it's just not sounding good anymore. Is it just me? Because I'm gonna just leave this DNB thing and mix dubstep if this shit doesn't get better.

[EDIT]
BTW did nobody else clock the fact that more and more people are putting up garage/grime/hiphop sets now? Other people seem to be losing interest as well.

Im not about to start ripping in to you... cant be arsed...

Jump-Up.... yes.... ill stand in your corner and say it gets a bit boring...... but.... it has its place.... as with all types of dnb.....

I cant stress this enough.... DRUM AND BASS is DRUM AND BASS........ ITS NOT JUMP-UP..... ITS NOT NEURO..... ITS NOT TECH.... ITS NOT LIQUID.......

any fool who decides to split dnb into tiny little minded catagorys and play only tunes from them same catagorys..... isnt in any way a Junglist.... nore do they deserve to be ever considered a drum'n'bass dj.

these "sub-genres" are for little minded people...... "im a jump-up DJ"..... "im a Neuro DJ"..... FUCK SAKE!! what ever happened to the Drum'n'Bass DJ????

I must be old-skool!

And as for you going on about how jump-up is shit.... have a little think before you say things bro..... Jump-Up has pushed the production quality forward..... for every style of drum'n'bass..... if it wasnt for the likes of Jump-UP im pretty sure we would still be listening to basslines that have the frequency range of 10 or 20hz.... thanks to jump-up alot of producers have realised that you can create a bassline that can have a massive frequency range.... Also jump-up has pretty much got the scene to where it is in terms of popularity...

Anyone remember the days when there where two types of dnb??

THE DARK STUFF...... and...... THE NOT DARK STUFF

Those were the good ol'days......

BRING BACK THE DRUM'N'BASS DJ!!!!

ta for the polites responses, the rest of you can spin on it.

i make some comments regarding MY OPINIONS on the current direction the sound is taking, and you lot act like i've personally insulted you and fucked your sisters. grow up you pansys.

You wouldn't say this shit to my face, you'd act fucking civilized, so don't, because you're sat in ur bedrooms, think you can come like that, telephone tough guys on a new medium don't impress me or others.

So, wait, I don't like these new styles so i must have "no talent"? Apart from not making any sense, thats just childish mate. For the record I'm not a professional DJ, I'm just a raver who enjoys himself on the decks. Without wanting to put too finer point on it, suck out you little faggot, i probably got you more talent than you, dispite it not really mattering to me.

i am not denigrating these other tracks and producers, i'm just saying that they're not for me, I wanted to see if other people were getting tired of it as well.

DNB is (i'm told) one of the HARDEST types of track to produce, I personally can't do it, and those who do I have nuff respect for. Do they care if i don't like their tracks? No, because i'm just one bloke with an opinion and if it really upsets you that much, then you need a fucking hobby, or SOMETHING to fill your life.

again i'm not suggesting that there's NOTHING out there for people who liked the old school sounds, i'm just saying the vast majority of stuff i'm hearing nowdays is this new aggy style and I DON'T LIKE IT. Disagree? That's fine with me, I can respect your views without crying like little kids.

once more, thanks to those who replyed to this politely, I'm gonna look into the stuff you suggested.

Last edited:
..and you lot act like i've personally insulted you and fucked your sisters. grow up you pansys.

You wouldn't say this shit to my face, you'd act fucking civilized, so don't, because you're sat in ur bedrooms, think you can come like that, telephone tough guys on a new medium don't impress me or others.

Without wanting to put too finer point on it, suck out you little faggot, i probably got you more talent than you, dispite it not really mattering to me.

No, because i'm just one bloke with an opinion and if it really upsets you that much, then you need a fucking hobby, or SOMETHING to fill your life.

VS.

I can respect your views without crying like little kids.

At least you insulted a bunch of guys now:D

hey man,
I don't like every tune i hear either but then i just don't listen to it anymore, plain & simple. Instead of japping about how bad some tune or genre is, put yer energy in looking for the biggest fattest most kick-in-the-balls tune there is...it's out there somewhere!!
If ya can't find it, keep listening to the sick tunes from yore & listen to some dubstep, maybe you'll like it better...
not insulting by the way ;)

DeeGun: fight fire with fire. it pisses me off, i wasn't having a go at ANYBODY originally, i just wanted to find out if other people felt like i did, this is a forum, it's designed to allow us to discuss things, and I get DICKHEADS running gums when I start a reasonable discussion. People want to insult me? That fine, they gotta be able to take it as well.

so fucking what if i dont like the new styles? does it really affect you that badly? is your happiness really that invested in my opinions?

get this, I think 99% of hiphop is SHITE as well. What you gonna come with now people...

Last edited:
I think 99% of hiphop is SHITE as well. What you gonna come with now people...

I agree on this:D

and on that

this is a forum, it's designed to allow us to discuss things, and I get DICKHEADS running gums when I start a reasonable discussion. People want to insult me? That fine, they gotta be able to take it as well.

but

Mixes and Track Listings Post links to established DJ's, producers or labels studio, radio, podcast, and club mixes - try and provide a track list if possible. Please do not post your own or a mates mixes in this forum

I think this section is the wrong platform.Sorrz 4 smart-assin´.

Back
Top Bottom