Sektor 5

Wow I didn't even know there was a Sector 4. How was Sector 4? Was it as 'ardkore as Sector 3 which has the lovely "Pace Maker" and "Overdrive"?

Calefaction said:
I have the promo, so none of my tunes are labeled, but if PKP is the song I think it is, yes, its awsome.
It's the A-side, I have the promo as well but there should be an inscription on the vinyl. There's no mistaking it for any other artist though...

you seen the tracklistin

champion sound (G Dub Remix) :devilslay
some baron track
total science - prozac
d kay and dj lee - manipulate the universe

Is that the old amen remix of Champion Sound that DJ SS played (which was never released)?

freeagent said:
@1992, no this is a new remix that is decent, but this tune has been played to death. I don't think be feeling Sektor 4.

Is the remix any good? I bought the Bad Company remix which I thought was lousy, and then the remix that was on that Total Science album, and of course I have the repress of the 1993 Alliance remix which is the best version by far. Unless if the new new new remix has amen breaks or some other ardkore break I don't think I'd care because there isn't much more ground to cover with those stabs.

As for the Sektors or Sectors...

Sector 1 was nice because it had that played out Total Science Squash tune although they released the wrong version on this (no I didn't buy the real version when it came out when I already had this one). It also had that dark amen tune by whatshisface and that tracky Digital tune.

Sector 2 was pretty bad as it only had one good track, Calibre "Tempo Dub" which felt like a mysterious 1993 jungle tekno tune only it was missing a 4/4 kick and a ton of change ups.

Sector 3 was the best one as far as I know (I didn't hear Sector 4) because it had two really hot 92-ish tracks, the "Overdrive" and "Pace Maker", both of which I still listen to whenever I can. It also had a semi-ok track by A-Sides and a filler track by Total Science that sounded way too much like Squash and another tune called Hot Spot.

1992 said:
Is that the old amen remix of Champion Sound that DJ SS played (which was never released)?

Nah its not that one mate, I know the one you mean. I got it on loads of SS tapes from 97/98. Someone said it was Doc Scotts but I dunno....

TBH I cant see you liking the G. Dub remix, very jump up. You might like the Baron and Total Science bits tho. I been waiting for Prozac since January!!!

:broke_ima

1992 said:
Is the remix any good? I bought the Bad Company remix which I thought was lousy, and then the remix that was on that Total Science album, and of course I have the repress of the 1993 Alliance remix which is the best version by far. Unless if the new new new remix has amen breaks or some other ardkore break I don't think I'd care because there isn't much more ground to cover with those stabs.

I wouldn't bother with it, it's boring. Like you say, there's nothing more that can be done with it.

Back
Top Bottom