Portuguese drum and bass

yeah, no*

it's a bit basic, he needs to get over the idea that a wobbly bassline is the way to go. i mean, he's better than kitsap but i don't think he realises that there are a million guys doing that sound a million times better

It's alright, I just wanted to know what people thought. Gonna see him live today, he's opening for DJ Fresh

Hey, the other day some guy came and asked me if people in Portugal actually listen to drum and bass. I wasn't offended of course, but I would like to know what people think of Portuguese drum and bass. The only town in my country that ever listens to drum and bass is my own (Porto), and this artist is from here. Give me your opinion about his music (my fav song from him is the one named Casper)

http://www.myspace.com/zeguilhas

well... the scene is still proper young over there.... ive got family there.... and my cousin is well into dnb..... although like you said.... its only really porto where theres raves......

theres not really any decent talent coming from there just yet..... still alot of people trying to copy the UK scene..... give portugal a few years and their own sound will start to come out i rekon.........

Zuadonk-Step.....

but portuguese drum n bass is not just this...nuno forte, trap or basic manuvers are good exemples off what portugal has to ofer..i saw nuno forte in eco undersky 2008 and also disselboy and the qemists and nuno he rulez...we have good djs but not good producers because almost no one care about dnb in portugal.

porto rulez!

my mate lives in torres vedras and told me about nuno forte, he spent few years over here, i got him into mixing and the dnb scene, from what i hear there getting to be quite a lot of dnb in portugal!!

I know two bars in Portugal that play D&B

Matts Bar & Football Crazy in Albuferia

DJ Tastie plays it now and then in Matts and Football crazy have had the likes of Nicky BM play there, and these bars are not just packed with the english on the weekends the young locals come out and have it to the drums as well.

but portuguese drum n bass is not just this...nuno forte, trap or basic manuvers are good exemples off what portugal has to ofer..i saw nuno forte in eco undersky 2008 and also disselboy and the qemists and nuno he rulez...we have good djs but not good producers because almost no one care about dnb in portugal.

porto rulez!

I don't think Basic Manuvers actually produce...

As for DJ's, we got Benvinda, Hi Fidel Cartel, Nuno Forte, Patmac, Subway, Basic Manuvers, etc..

Hey, the other day some guy came and asked me if people in Portugal actually listen to drum and bass. I wasn't offended of course, but I would like to know what people think of Portuguese drum and bass. The only town in my country that ever listens to drum and bass is my own (Porto), and this artist is from here. Give me your opinion about his music (my fav song from him is the one named Casper)

http://www.myspace.com/zeguilhas

What about lisbon or setúbal? (where i'm from)

http://www.myspace.com/biobaze check it out

Back
Top Bottom