Limited Edition Gold Technics...

mini_molko

My mate claims to have a pair of these back home in London...

I don't know much about them, I take it they're pretty rare. Is it true they give them away as a prize in the DMC Championships?

are sure he's not just on about the limited edition gold plated mk-5g's
1210m5gold.JPG

although i think i have seen a gold 1210 on something once.

another google search found you the link

http://www.dmcdjchamps.com/worldchamps.asp

djrafik.jpg

Last edited:
The completely gold Technics turntables, mixer and ortofon carts are the prize for wining the world DMC championship. (shown with DJ Rafik above)

The ltd edition mk5g's on the other hand are comercially available.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok... He mentioned they were given away as prizes in the DMC Championships, but how he'd come across a pair of those beats me... Saying that though he's come into ownership of a lot of very rare and equipment the jammy fucker... He says he's gonna bring them back down next time he goes to London, so I guess we shall see.

You can also buy a gold baseplate to fit on to your normal technics, so if you're a flashy fucker and bought the ltd edition mk5g's you can make them almost the same as the ones given away at the DMC by buying the gold baseplate... That might be what your mate has rather than a set of the DMC prize ones...

Yeh... the fully gold ones are a couple of grand each.... doubt your mate actually has them... he might of got his hands on the Mk5 Golds.... and stuck a gold baseplate on..... pretty simple and easy todo.....

Back
Top Bottom