Numark CDX

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
Just to get minor things out of the way... I am getting one soon and I don't understand if the vinyl that comes with it is a slipmat or if it can play vinyl itself (my guess).

Now for major things. I was wondering how I could start learning scratching techniques for a beginner. It is replicating vinyl so treat it as vinyl (direct drive).

I was wondering where or how I can start learning how to master the crab scratch, basic rythmic scratching, the military scratch and transform scartch and such. These video tuts I find so far are quite intermediate to start with and I need it broken down. Some simple techniques to help me will do fine.

Btw, this is not just for me but all beginner scratchers (scratch DJs and such)

haven't got a clue about the cdx unfortunatly....

and to be honest mate, you're not going to be able to crab scratch straight away. you wana start off and learn the baby scratch and get that sounding crisp, then everything flows and follows on from there.

have a look around for q-bert's diy scratching videos. (y)

they basically tell you how to set up, take care, maintain and run your decks, as well as every single scratch (more or less) out there.

haven't got a clue about the cdx unfortunatly....

and to be honest mate, you're not going to be able to crab scratch straight away. you wana start off and learn the baby scratch and get that sounding crisp, then everything flows and follows on from there.

have a look around for q-bert's diy scratching videos. (y)

they basically tell you how to set up, take care, maintain and run your decks, as well as every single scratch (more or less) out there.

Top notch answer mate!!!! Big up! This helped much :D Thanks!

It doesn't play vinyl. You can have a copy of Frank Sinatra's New York New York up top and a cd in teh drive. Also - if you want to learn to scratch on anything else other than this deck, you need to buy a real vinyl-playing deck - there are major differences in playing this and a deck.

And Q-Bert is the boss - buy the dvds.

I shall get the DVD's the fun way, for free off Newzleech. But thanks man. If anyone is willing to answer further to my post. What is the difference in the CDX and vinyl? It seems very similar and I heard it is too

Back
Top Bottom