G Dub & Original Sin....

mattyb_999

DJ Laize
VIP Junglist
Anyone got any up to date, accurate info on G Dub & Original Sin. I have heard so many things now, Like O.S will produce and the other DJ, Do they both still DJ under G Dub or just 1 as I've seen O.S on lineups and I take it thats not both of them.

Taken from Playaz website :

G Dub is no more and Original Sin is the future for Adam. The ridiculously heavy ‘Don’t Be Silly’ and his remix of Shy FX’s classic Ebony Dubsters track ‘Rah’ have gone a long way to stamping his individual mark on the Drum & Bass scene, and there’s no signs of slowing down. As a result of these massive tracks that have been smashing down dancefloors like a scorned noise abatement officer, Original Sin’s DJ bookings have gone through the roof and Adam is working hard in the studio to ensure that his new alias has even more success than his previous incarnation. With skills like his, we’re expecting huge things!

Anyone know what Jakes plans to do?, As according to the new G Dub set put up recently, it seems like hes gonna carry on DJ'ing - which in my opnion is good as I have literlally heard O.S hold one good mix, and the rest he switches.

Seems a shame really as G-Dub made so many cool tunes in the past and some of the O.S's tunes do use the same sounds etc. 2 brains has gotta be more creative than 1 hasnt it?

Opinions....

Jake's a bad boi dj, booked him for SubLow and he smashed it. Original Sin (Adam) can't mix for shit imo. Heard shocking things from the guy to be honest. As far as production goes it's clear who's smashing it.

Yeah i dunno what the fuck is going on man.
Original Sin's new tunes are wicked with great production but the classic G Dub tunes were immense i still love listening to Deliverence EP, Miami Vice, Up In Smoke EP, Star Signs, Deep Gash Remix. The list goes on..
Who can forget those
PEACE!

Jake's a bad boi dj, booked him for SubLow and he smashed it. Original Sin (Adam) can't mix for shit imo. Heard shocking things from the guy to be honest. As far as production goes it's clear who's smashing it.

So he does'nt double drop everything in sight?
I've heard some relatively new DJ's like Hazard just double drop tunes-sounds like crap

So he does'nt double drop everything in sight?
I've heard some relatively new DJ's like Hazard just double drop tunes-sounds like crap

Well with jump-up a lot of it sounds the same so double drops are often pretty pointless. So just switching tunes is the most effective way of mixing jump-up imo. Jake's been very impressive every time I've seen him. I personally think he's just as good as Hazard at djing.

hazard just switches though, from the sets i've heard.

You need to go see him recently, he HAS stepped up big time holding mixes, bang on, and mental selection, any time hes in Room 1 @ Playaz he knocks himself up my top DJ list.

Back to G Dub I hope Jake doesnt stop making tunes maybe he will come out with his own new name?

Back to G Dub I hope Jake doesnt stop making tunes maybe he will come out with his own new name?

:word:
the worst thing he could do right now is disapear into the background of the DnB scene... he must have potential to produce pretty decent tunes, i mean, they brought out plenty enough when they were G-Dub.

Last edited:
g dub was ALL adam though apparently. beast city ep was all him, and most of the stuff before that. jake had minimal input....

Original sin is a wicked producer but not such a good DJ in my opinion. I listened to the original sin/ dj pleasure set in the mixes section and the mixing was terible. The tune selection was un original too cus of the straight anthem bashing!

:word:
the worst thing he could do right now is disapear into the background of the DnB scene... he must have potential to produce pretty decent tunes, i mean, they brought out plenty enough when they were G-Dub.

Ye good point, probs just wants to hone his skills on the decks some more.

well aparently gdub will be no more and original sin is taking over. i heard this from someone that speaks to adam personally, but the way things are going this could change at any point soon...

I know Double Zero is G Dub, Ie both of them, the only split was when O.S released Don't Be Silly.

Riisu: I also heard Adam was practically G Dub for a long time, but still Jake must have had many inputs as this would have happened earlier if not.

i think double zero was just a piss about to be honest.

PROPO020.JPG

i saw g dub last in bournemouth and they both smashed it, one thing that got me was jake seemed well uncomfortable (shaky and very sweaty) behind the decks whilst adam didnt. weird

either way d for danger and decibel are fuckin obscene new dubs!!

Back
Top Bottom