Reason Rewire

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Hi, I'm a reason user, and have been reading all the people who swear by Cubase in this forum, and as I've finally got used to using reason, I never thought of switching.

Then I heard of Rewire, and was just wondering if it was worth getting Cubase to use alongside Reason. Does anyone here use this setup, and if so what's it like?

I couldn't work out from descriptions if cubase just sampled reason sounds or whether they fully interface and work together, side by side.

All advice would be a great help.

Cheers, Alexi

yes definately, i keep meaning to get cubase to use wit reason, reason is an excellent program (y)

they will work together really well, its a good combo because if your used to using reason but want to use new synths, fx, instruments and record audio, you can do all these via cubase so you will be able to use VST's and shizz.

Defintely get Cubase if you can. Reason is great as a main "workhorse" if you will but the VST's and editing abilities that you have in Cubase will take things to another level. If you start using stuff like Massive and FM08 it's amazing how much better they sound than the reason synths (not that there is anything wrong with the reason synths). You can also appply much more sophisticated EQ to each input meaning that your mix will sit better. If you want any guidance just message me up.

www.myspace.com/derjymusic

def mate! Using reason as a rewire is quality! I use it with Logic and its a delightful functiarnorinotion!

Yeah I've used reason & cubase together, works like a dream...

Use reason for beats & synths, cubase for all the sequencing & effects - you can take advantage of using the best features of both as they work so well together...

Back
Top Bottom