Production Toys

mini_molko

Aye up, I'm fairly new to this production malarky, I managed to bang out a couple of tunes on Ableton, but I had my laptop stolen by some little scally who sold it to a second hand store for £15, so consequently I lost all my tunes and had no way of making any more.

Anyway, lately I've really been itching to get on with making some more music, and now, we've finally got a new laptop, so I can do just that. Thing is, I've got a studio set up at mine, which is made up of half my equipment (Mainly amps, speakers, decks, guitars, etc...) and half a mates equipment (Analogues, synths, effects units, etc...) and I'm really interested in using some of his equipment in my production. Basically, I've only gone as far as using what's on a laptop and have very minimal knowledge of using analogues and all that jazz and was wondering if anyone else has tried using anything like that for DnB production and if it produces good results, or wether sticking to laptop production would be easier.

i use outboard gear and love it mate
when the chance comes along i use wotever i can get mi hands on
experimentation is the best way to nirvana

outboard gear is what your talking about mate, effects units and stuff

Ah right, sorry, noob!

dude get on it! i'd love some fucking synths and stuff!

Yeah, gonna see what I can come up with... Got some serious machines to fuck around with!! :D

Are there any big DnB producers that use analogues, 'cause I know analogues are popular in techno production, but I've never really heard of any DnB producers using them...

think chase n status use synths and shit, there an old video on dnba bout them that shows all the gear they use, its pretty old though, theres a new video up about them at the mo i think but its not that one, you will have to search for it mate.

I don't use a computer for sequencing or mixing, i use a roland mv8800 prodution studio and an sh201 synth, i only use a pc for analaysis and some soft synths, My operating system on the mv will always be more stable than any mac or windows operating system because it was built specifically for makin music. Absolutly solid:sniper:

I don't use a computer for sequencing or mixing, i use a roland mv8800 prodution studio and an sh201 synth, i only use a pc for analaysis and some soft synths, My operating system on the mv will always be more stable than any mac or windows operating system because it was built specifically for makin music. Absolutly solid:sniper:

Woah, just checked out that Roland MV8800. Looks like some pretty decent gear, how much would would one of those cost?

when i'm older and got my own label sorted (hopefully) and got a bit more cash i want to build a proper studio with shit loads of synths and effect racks all wired to some phat mixing desk wired to a super hi spec computer! :D

Hi the mv8800 cost about £1700 they say you can buy one in a shop for £1300 but when they advertise them for £1300 it means they don't have them in stock but they'll take your money just the same and they were quite hard to get hold of another option is the Roland Fantom X but I like my set up.

My advice is to get a small studio that you can get results from if you buy loads of gear you have to learn it, spending time reading manuals = no production. get a small system first learn it inside out, make some tunes, then if your lookin for a new sound buy 1 or 2 new pieces of kit and start again.

Be Produtive People and good luck

Back
Top Bottom