Midi Latency With Keyboard

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Alright, I just bought an M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi keyboard to use with reason 4.

But the delay when playing, especially fast stuff is really annoying, It slightly improved when I close all other programs apart from reason but is still a problem.

My laptop is quite good spec and has a sound card called context AMC audio or something, and i was just wondering if anyone had any remedies.

Thanks, alexi

Get hold of some ASIO drivers for your sound card (www.asio4all.com), and like marlztah says lower the latency buffer in reason - i think its in the Edit -> Preferences screen.

Can't think how to do it off the top of my head but there are lots of guides to how to set ASIO drivers up if you try googling for it.

I can have a look when I get home - probably got a copy of reason knocking about somewhere.

Get hold of some ASIO drivers for your sound card (www.asio4all.com), and like marlztah says lower the latency buffer in reason - i think its in the Edit -> Preferences screen.

Can't think how to do it off the top of my head but there are lots of guides to how to set ASIO drivers up if you try googling for it.

I can have a look when I get home - probably got a copy of reason knocking about somewhere.

yeah i just downloaded it and theres a place in the reason preference to add it in, and it seems to have improved it a lot, so thanks!

Back
Top Bottom