Would This Interest You?

KidKut

Name of Project:

The Hive

The idea:

A Private Network for INVITED ONLY producers to share dubs/samples/tips/sites/information either for collaboration/feedback/review/distribution.

How:

Through a groupware product (i.e. software that will connect you to a central server, much in the same way of say napster but will allow you to collaborate) which will have the functionality of above in the form of a file sharing/chat room etc.

As stated above this would be a private network on an invite only basis, filter out the muppets/leeches but allow producers to share their stuff/tips. The idea to provide a secure medium for the above so as to allay the worry for the established producer getting material released on the net without their permission.

I'm researching what is available at the moment and will be carrying out some tests in the near future, if you are interested in helping out let me know, this is still in the very early stages.....

KidKut said:
Name of Project:

The Hive

The idea:

A Private Network for INVITED ONLY producers to share dubs/samples/tips/sites/information either for collaboration/feedback/review/distribution.

How:

Through a groupware product (i.e. software that will connect you to a central server, much in the same way of say napster but will allow you to collaborate) which will have the functionality of above in the form of a file sharing/chat room etc.

As stated above this would be a private network on an invite only basis, filter out the muppets/leeches but allow producers to share their stuff/tips. The idea to provide a secure medium for the above so as to allay the worry for the established producer getting material released on the net without their permission.

I'm researching what is available at the moment and will be carrying out some tests in the near future, if you are interested in helping out let me know, this is still in the very early stages.....

check yer PM's

Yes mate, I have been meaning to get back to you sorry, there is one I wandered if you could incorporate a few things with, i'll email you tonight.

Sage me ald mucker, it will be cross platform :P I know there are some freaks on macs ;)

Invitation would be through we set you up an account and then you are able to access it....

Although if you wandering how you would qualify for invitation that is something for further down the line.

I mean we could restrict it to just say ppl who produce but I thought it would be cool to give say a person from well established label or distributor an account so that then ppl on their can showcase their talent as well. This would be alot better more efficient way of getting stuff out as you would have a central point to browse for material...

Last edited:
I dont think that is quite the same thing Topaz, this will be using actual client software and it will have real time chat as opposed to a forum, also with ours it will be exclusively drum and bass...

From what I can tell theirs a upload finished product/mix, I want ours to have unfinished tunes up for review, sample banks, collaboration etc etc as well as the end products....

Probably more aimed at the techy bods but does anyone know of any projects/established products that would fit the bill, im finding plenty just none of them free :(

Already scoured freshmeat.net

Back
Top Bottom