Paper Techno (samples & tune)

moriaty

VIP Junglist
right.
so im doing a music tech degree, and one of the projects from last year was to make a dance tune only from paper sounds. The point of that assignment was to make the paper recordings into usable sounds through processing.
So for your pleasure, here's a few of the samples!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/o83l8r
feel free to use them, but dont expect Vengeanze quality ( or rip offs..). these will need tons of eq and spices to sound decent.
Most of the samples in the pack were put through an SPL golden channel pre, and an Electrix filter queen. I've deliberately left the original recordings out, as anyone can find similar sounds on the net, or, almost as easy, record your own.

Also in the pack you'll find the tune i submitted. Kinda acid techno affair..
Have to admit that the end result isnt too hot imo.
it sounds muffled, muddy and boxy as folk.!
also the arrangement aint amazing either. it seems to drag quite a bit, especially the intro, but it was mostly so i could fit as many sounds as i could without making the tune completely random!
I've also thrown in the pack a few of the sounds that made it into the submission, just for good measure. let me know if any of you want any specific sounds from the tune, and we can arrange a price..:teeth:
so yeah, any comments on the tune would be greatly appreciated, and before you start your flaming, remember: all the sounds you hear is paper!!

:jackson:

gonna give em a listen mate. dunno about using the samples but am interested in what you managed to achieve. will feedback.

cant believe all those sounds are made with paper. wicked mate.
Almost think you are taking the piss.
Feel like i might be a guliable bastard.
Anyway. wicked if it is mate. respect.

cant believe all those sounds are made with paper. wicked mate.
Almost think you are taking the piss.
Feel like i might be a guliable bastard.
Anyway. wicked if it is mate. respect.

haha! that's what some mate's of mine said too! thanks for your kind words man.
any comments on the mixdown in general ? cant pinpoint it, but it just doesnt sound right to me...
kick's too loud me thinks, but managed to save it with some eqing (couldnt go back and turn it down, as the mix was done on a hardware desk...)

btw, a few people been asking for the tune by itself, seems like no one appreciates paper sounds no more.....
i tell thee, paper's teh new amen..!
so here's the link for the tune alone.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/m90mgy

blap

Last edited:
i done a similar project once.... with garden sounds.... pretty good.... ill try find the tune somewhere.... made a pretty decent tune.... used the sound of grass being torn up as the bassline!!

i take back wot i said about using your samples. Been playin with them just recently.
If i do anything with em i'll hit you up.

Back
Top Bottom