lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
F'ing right too!

Think he's in with a good chance...

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/07/mercury_prize_nominations_have.html

NOMINATIONS
Adele - 19
* British Sea Power - Do You Like Rock Music?
* Burial - Untrue
* Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
* Estelle – Shine
* Laura Marling - Alas, I Cannot Swim
* Neon Neon - Stainless Style
* Portico Quartet - Knee Deep In The North Sea
* Rachel Unthank - The Bairns
* Radiohead - In Rainbows
* Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand
* The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age of the Understatement

Last edited:
lets hope so, think itll be tough tho between:
Burial - Dubsteps the hot product, and in the past years the strong underground scene has shone through - dnb (represent), grime (dizzee rascal) etc have all won before.
Adele - strong singer/songwriter who has had massive coverage on radio. plus shes a woofer, mercury aint about looks or marketability.
Estelle - resurected her career this year, the Mercury panel love a fighter in the pack.
L.S.Puppets - classed as a 'cool band' an the mercs love the hot property, tho Arctic Monkeys won it before an that wont work in their favour.

above all tho, mercury music awards love to pick the least likely artist to look like they have an opinion, they normally DO make a good choice, but last years winner with anthony an the johnsons was a massive mistake imo.

just my opinions on it :nurr_nur:

Didn't the Klaxons win last year?

Think Anthony and the Johnsons was 2005...

Personally i reckon it might be between Radiohead and Burial.. who knows....

they both put out wicked albums.. Do you think that Radiohead's 'pay what you want' thing will be a factor?

Would realy like to see burial win this. Think it will be good if he did aswell because he's built his repuation by word of mouth and he deserves the repuation he has built.

Back
Top Bottom