what does V.I.P stand for ??

i duno if this is rite!
i fink a vip mix is usually dun by the artist themselves.
and given out to vips very important ppl!
i fink it stands for that anyway!

Yeah that's a good question , I've been wondering what it means for a while to . I tought it was someting like Verry Improved P... but I'm probably totally wrong :)

?

Very Important Person.

Originally special mixes of tunes were done for dubplate only, and handed out to big DJ's (VIPs).

Nowadays, these tunes tend to get released it they're recieved well enough.

There's no restrictions as to when a remix can be called a VIP, but they tend to be by the original artists, and less of a significant reworking than most remixes.

?

Very Important Person.

Originally special mixes of tunes were done for dubplate only, and handed out to big DJ's (VIPs).

Nowadays, these tunes tend to get released it they're recieved well enough.

There's no restrictions as to when a remix can be called a VIP, but they tend to be by the original artists, and less of a significant reworking than most remixes.

kinda like a half assed remix!lol

I tought it was just when a producer thought he could improve something about a track but didn't really remixed it , it was called a vip . and sometimes maybe a producer listens to his own track and he thinks : hmm , this could be done better and he improves it it was also called a vip .. my personal tought ..

the amount of ppl that have problems with defining this i dont think there is a definitive answer

jus that its usually phatter than the original :cowbell:

I tought it was just when a producer thought he could improve something about a track but didn't really remixed it , it was called a vip . and sometimes maybe a producer listens to his own track and he thinks : hmm , this could be done better and he improves it it was also called a vip .. my personal tought ..

I think that sounds about right, all the vip's i've herd are better than the original (baring Dreadlock VIP) where as remix's arnt always better.

I was thinking about this to. I got Jaydan Crank tune, Then i heard VIP of it sounds much better. Whats dupplate stand for?

i duno if this is rite!
i fink a vip mix is usually dun by the artist themselves.
and given out to vips very important ppl!
i fink it stands for that anyway!

Dis explanation sounds good to me mate, dat was my understanding. If not, it must be pretty close to what it stands for (yn)

To be honest I doubt if anyone really knows - it's just become the standard thing to do when you make a new version of a track you just stick VIP on the end of the name, it's just become one of those things...

Its a way of freshening up an old track for the "very important" DJs. Keeps people hyped up for a bit longer. Once a track's been released to the public it loses some of it's wow factor so they make the VIP.

Back
Top Bottom