Intermittent Problem, Murderous Rage

dizzzeejungle

Junglist Down Under..
VIP Junglist
Hey everyone

Sometimes when I am mixing, one of my speakers will not work for one of my chanels,

And then at other times both speakers will work for both chanels ?

This problem drives me into a murderous rage (nearly):chainsaw: as the track coming in is either way too soft or way too loud, and it kills the vibe (for me and anyone in a 5 meter squared radius).

So does anyone know what the problem is ? :shrug:

I have stanton T80 turntables, with new(ish) styles'es, and a brand new Vestax 2 Chanel VMC002xl mixer, if that helps narrow down the problem

Also, since it might come to it.........does anyone know which carts will fit as replacements?

Cheers

:mr_cool: <<<<<<< how funny is that lol

Argh! just wrote a really long reply but it got lost when the internet fucked up!

Basically it said that the problem can usually be traced tyo the weakest/cheapest/oldest part of your set up...

Even though the needles are new, are the cartidges themselves new, swap them over and see if the problem swaps sides

Check your speaker wire and the connections to the amp and speakers, next check all your connectors.

I strongly suspect that it'll be one of these things, especially as your mixer is a new Vestax, meaning the build quality is high - if still not fixed after all this though your mixer will be covered by warranty if it's new - take it back to where you got it and get them to mend or replace it - but this should be the last thing you do, as it's the least likely place where the problem lies...

carts wise any should fit if you've got standard headshells - better still get a concorde model - no headshell, screws straight in, lovely!

Back
Top Bottom