Sound Weapon

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
as much as i have gone on recently a little bit about not liking Fresh's tunes of late or BBK.. lol.. I am impressed with his Sound Weapon thing. I did see him do it live last bank hol but due to the crap venue and a few technical problems.. I was behind the decks watching him set up and kept asking Terra to play another tune cos he hadnt got it set up....lol.. teething trouble i guess.....laptop crashing etc it wasnt great. however having said that i have heard some good reports..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ryj_j-6UY

I think there is a big future in Ableton based dnb sets... as vinyl dies a death and (soon only jump up will be available on vinyl im sure) it makes sense to be looking past final scratch to play MP3's and i think Ableton is definately a route i want to go myself.....

i saw Amit do a wicked dubstep / dnb ableton set... Obviously the Breakcore lot have been doing it for time but they dont have good tunes lol....

I saw magnetic man do a live set on laptop, god knows what program they were using but they tore the place apart

:wtf:sorry i must of missed something but what is the 'sound weapon' a program? a new ep? sorry to sound dumb but i was reading what you wrote and still didnt understand what its all about. plz inform me
respect

@ Ill1:
I work for a distributor and vinyl sales are gradually slumping a lot over the last few years.

@Mr Wobalz
Soundweapon is FResh's new 'live' set. he uses a programme called Ableton which is like a live music sequencing / djing programme which enables you to create tune on the go and do live smapling... its big.

this does look sick lokki, been looking forward to seeing this since i heard about it but i aint had the chance/funds

its a good idea but fresh's selection is a little cheesy from wot i've heard, would LOVE to see friction do a set on the system and i'm sure andy could do massive things with it
i dont know if u've had the pleasure of one of nicky b's 2 hour old skool>>>jungle>>dnb sets, would be savage to hear the history crammed into 45 mins

the only downside i can see is lots of ppl startin on mp3 software and not learning the technical side, theres enough poor club/oceana style dj's already out there, do we really need more??

im ion ableton tonight.. mate its sick.. chopping loops cant wait till i know how to use it well enough to play out on it

Im a big vinyl head.. i dont even use CD's!!

But creatively Ableton is the way forward... Its not final scratch its not just a DJ tool... its has instruments, samplers etc ect... Its not just about mixing MP3's its about creating loops and sampling live on the go...

If you have used it you'll know what i mean.

Im a big vinyl head.. i dont even use CD's!!

But creatively Ableton is the way forward... Its not final scratch its not just a DJ tool... its has instruments, samplers etc ect... Its not just about mixing MP3's its about creating loops and sampling live on the go...

If you have used it you'll know what i mean.

I haven't used it, so don;t know the full extent to what it's capable of, but you can do this on CDJ's though?

Im a vinyl junkie myself, but i have played on pioneers before and thought they were really slick!

I really like the functionallity of them, and if vinyl was to die out and I decided eventually to move with the times, then id rather play a set on pioneers which also have the sampling, loop facility on them. I'v never used ableton, traktor or serato so i can't compare them to using CDJ's, but I couldn't really see a buzz coming from playing out on your laptop.

I do however like the idea of serato where you can play your mp3's whilst using your technics still.

Clearly none of you have used Ableton lol.. I thought it was more commonly known. Its what a lot of live electronic acts use. Its basically a tool to create electronic music live.

Its NOT like final scratch, CDjs etc.... its not DJing or using final scratch. you can loop smapled beats, but you can make your own, actually produce whole tunes in it...

http://www.ableton.com/

Last edited:
Clearly none of you have used Ableton lol.. I thought it was more commonly known. Its what a lot of live electronic acts use. Its basically a tool to create electronic music live.

Its NOT like final scratch, CDjs etc.... its not DJing or using final scratch. you can loop smapled beats, but you can make your own, actually produce whole tunes in it...

http://www.ableton.com/

Ive used the demo i got with an issue of computer music. I found it quite hard seen as i didnt have a clue what i was doing. It was quite fun though messing about with the music but i had to uninstall it because it slowed my computer right down. I even went as far as considering buying it but i dont think my computer can haddle it so i will have to wait til i get a better one. I would recommend it though.

@ Ill1:
I work for a distributor and vinyl sales are gradually slumping a lot over the last few years.

maybe if tunes dint take so long to get released and werent absolutely rinsed by the time theyre put out sales wud go up! in fact i can gauratee they wud the artists are killin their own profits ' vinyl ' and a big part of the scene and they need to sort it out!

full fucking stop......

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe if tunes dint take so long to get released and werent absolutely rinsed by the time theyre put out sales wud go up! in fact i can gauratee they wud the artists are killin their own profits ' vinyl ' and a big part of the scene and they need to sort it out!

full fucking stop......

:word: occasionally they have reasons for it e.g. World of Hurt but most of the time they dont

Back
Top Bottom