the reece/virus screamer bass?

logikz

I Am Not The King
for all producers relying on software:
how do you make it?

im thinking a three layer type deal,
1: strickly low freqs, lots of lowpass, a little overdrive and a small bit of compression
2: midrange layer probably a square type osc, grainy dist, high threshold compression and perhaps a small amount of ring modulation
3: large highpass with the crackliest dist you can find

eq the thing to where you want it and mash the layers together with a compressor (or maybe a hardlimiter?)

any other techniques?

its all very theoretical right now cos i havent been at my desktop studio for quit a while now. (im like cooking lots of food right now cos i have nowhere else to channel my creativity haha)

anyone with the real hardware please whip us up a batch of long note samples please oh please?

distortion plug-ins

i don't know what software you're using, but for ProTools TDM nothing beats AmpFarm by Line6 for distortion plugins. If you're running a native program, I recommend SansAmp. I don't remember who makes it.

I also like the Logic Bitcrusher, which comes with Logic. It's real good for those Atari-esque sounds.

I using Antares Tube

Also you can get some really cool distortion using a compressor plugin like Waves C1... really low thresh, near 0 attack, 0 decay, top ratio = DIRTY distortion :monkey:

VIRUS SAMPLES

MORE SAMPLES

Attachments

• virus reece c2_00.zip
    393.1 KB · Views: 121
  • virus dirty c3_00.zip
    549.3 KB · Views: 112
  • square c1_00.zip
    708 KB · Views: 112
Re: VIRUS SAMPLES

DIsFuNCtioN said:
MORE SAMPLES

Good work man, this is exactly what I neeeed...
Please, everybody else contribute and maybe tell us how you make them...

And one thing disfunction, if I'm hearing correctly the reeces are paned ? That, to me, isn´t a possitive thing.

Re: VIRUS SAMPLES

they were recorded in stero from the virus....if there is panning the virus did it..

just convert to mono left or right dependind on ya likin]

my theory was definitely not right albeit maybe not that far off. i make my reeces by generating noise in cooledit and then tweaking it. or some shit. im highly abstract with reece generation. theres a reece in every sample. ive got a tune coming up soon, you can check out the results so youll know im not bullshitting.

looking forward to checking those samples my friend. ill take a look at your tune too. asap.

I like Vintage Warmer and Nitro for distortion (and Nitro does loads of other cool shit too), I usually go for sawtooth waves, usually with pwm and then just distort and limit it to buggery.

Attachments

• albinoreese1_c2.zip
    870.8 KB · Views: 95
  • nurofenreesemk2_c3.zip
    217.1 KB · Views: 98
  • reaktorreese.zip
    282.1 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom