First time playing DnB out...

Rob McIsaac

Alright people, Just been asked 2 play at a 21st. I've played out in clubs only twice before, neither for DnB, and it all went smooth but they were pretty short informal sets which were'nt planned.
I'll b playing with this other guy on and off 4 the night. the bord who's party it is wants chilled (more liquidy sound) at the beginning and then maybe mash up when the night gets going.
Basically I'm just wondering whether i should plan 1 liquid set and one heavier 1 or if i should just plan the heavier or neither etc etc....? any tips with this or anything to do with playing out would be really appreciated...

Alright people, Just been asked 2 play at a 21st. I've played out in clubs only twice before, neither for DnB, and it all went smooth but they were pretty short informal sets which were'nt planned.
I'll b playing with this other guy on and off 4 the night. the bord who's party it is wants chilled (more liquidy sound) at the beginning and then maybe mash up when the night gets going.
Basically I'm just wondering whether i should plan 1 liquid set and one heavier 1 or if i should just plan the heavier or neither etc etc....? any tips with this or anything to do with playing out would be really appreciated...

well i tend to practise certain mixes ect. before i play but dont have any sort of order planned.

im probably better off lettting more experienced dj's answer this question though...

cheers, its just useful 2 find out what the done thing is so i know whether or not planned sets r the norm.
Thanks again.

Yeah some people do plan them, I did for my first set out, just more comfortable than pickin random tunes really.
As you get more n more experienced, you'll find you won't plan, just pick your bag up n go.

Back
Top Bottom