playing out on fri for the first time..

danfreeman1

VIP Junglist
guna do a little half hour set a small club on friday.

first time ive played at a club, so looking forward to it a lot.

anyone got any tips or anything?

guna do a little half hour set a small club on friday.

first time ive played at a club, so looking forward to it a lot.

anyone got any tips or anything?

Don't smoke weed before your set. Just enjoy yourself mate. Buzz from the vibe that your crowd brings. Nothing beats dropping sick tunes/doing a sick mix in front of a crowd. Are you playing "Drumslice"? :teeth:

there probably wont even be that many people there.

its just a hip hop/jungle/dnb night

although its mainly hip hop with a bit of jungle aparently so duno how a bit of hazard and taxman will go down...

its a good place to start though

just enjoy yourself and do what comes naturally.... don't feel you have to give off a certain look or anything. just go and smash it!

do a line of ket before you go on

no seriously go sober and clear headed, and practise during the day if you can, just mix loads of random tunes at home, and if you know your gonna do some specific mixes practise with those tune get it spot on for the night.

normally pretty much all of my tunes are double dropped and its hard work when u only have two decks, but might chill out a bit and enjoy it instead, not worry about double dropping so much.

cheers for the advice, ill let u know how it goes

make sure you've got some decent headphones with you, cos if the monitors are shit it can fuck you up. good luck.

do a line of ket before you go on

no seriously go sober and clear headed, and practise during the day if you can, just mix loads of random tunes at home, and if you know your gonna do some specific mixes practise with those tune get it spot on for the night.

ahaha, i was mixing at a mates house when i was on the edge of a K hole and i thought it sounded fucking amazing, apparently i was wrong though...

relax & enjoy it! You'll smash it mate I'm sure!

Best of luck and congrats on your first gig!

Best thing todo mate is not worry about it. If you get nervous and start worryin then all your gonna do is mess up. Have fun bro!!!

Mate I remember my first set... played at some club at a town called Coalville in Leicestershire. Was massive!
Think it was called Emporium or something like that... I was proper nervous! shaking and everything! hahaha.... So i decided to go get a few drinks before my set!! 4 pints later...:piss:...NOT A GOOD IDEA!!! luckily enough the set didnt go too bad and got booked again the following month. But trust me i learnt my lesson to never get hammered before a set!
:withstupi

might chill out a bit and enjoy it instead, not worry about double dropping so much.

that's the best advice you could give yourself. too much emphasis is placed on double dropping tunes. you gonna waste a lot of dance floor impact if you get the drop even 1/16th out. just pull out a couple of your specials and mix tightly*

first time i played out, the monitor speaker fell off it's little perch onto the turntable on the first tune i played, some how my record didn't break, but the speaker wasn't too clever after that.

Back
Top Bottom