dubstep

dar kist

KYRO
VIP Junglist
where do you think dubstep is going?
ive only really just cottend on to it myself, love it so much ive stop producing dnb, and am focusing on dubstep

thing is i like mine with heavy drums nice n tight. an example www.reverbnation.com/darkkist - breakdown.

does any one tink one day dubstep will be where dnb is now???

i think it will be as big as dnb!
i fuckin love dubstep at the mo but i aint stopped makin dnb yet!lol
dnb still is my first love!
but dub is definatly gettin bigger in my opinion.

Dubstep went worldwide faster than dnb did and its get plays from alsorts of djs (like villalobos (techno)) So you could probs say its bigger than drum & bass. I like dnb much more tho, i only like a few dubstep tunes so drum & bass is still number 1 in my books.

Dubstep is bound to be bigger (not better) than dnb as it is easy listening in comparison.
It's like comparing U2 to Slipknot in the rock genre. I will always prefer some TRUE dnb as I think it breaks more boundaries than anything else.

yea i would agree with that as well, but with most dub step it tends to be dark and slightly grimey, so for example my mates dont like the darker tunes so they dis dubstep, any dark musics good in my opinion . i still like dnb more, but its becoming so uniform, where dubstep does not really have a formula .

I don’t think it will ever be as big as DnB in terms of having massive events to rival Slmmain or that kind of thing. . It doesn’t always grab you immediately like Andy C or the latest hazard tune does but it kind of gets under your skin and in that respect it has more substance. DnB music from DJ sets to tunes all follow the same formula build drrrrop roll roll roll breakdown…build up drop ..etc etc… people need that. Dubstep has a less structured appeal and tunes can roll with no drop…

Im really loving guys like Digital Mystikz, Loefah, Kromestar and Burial right now to be honest bar a few producers in dnb, dubstep is totally putting dnb to shame right now in terms of creativity. Its going through a renaissance period where producers are pushing the boundaries and taking risks. DnB on other hand seems to me to just be regurgitating a tried and tested boring old formula which most people I know got bored of ages ago.. don’t get me wrong I love so much of it but out of say 100 releases I might buy maybe 2 of them! There is such an influx of shit right now and the scene is so split
.. dubstep its keeping me sane!

Last edited:
Dubstep is generally darker than dnb. Dnb is generally darker than house.

Dubstep has fewer popular music elements than dnb. Dnb has fewer popular music elements than house.

House is more popular than dnb.

See my line of reasoning?

I'm loving the fresh vibes in dubstep and the fact that there any many producers producing who don't know what they are doing and so are breaking all the right rules. Same as jungle/dnb a dozen years ago.

Plenty of dnb producers noticed the freshness in dubstep a couple of years ago and foresaw its popularity, read the Photek interviews in Knowledge a while back.

Its a pity that in five years that originality will be gone as it has gone with a lot of dnb.

There is no way that Dubstep can be classed as uniform… yeah ok if you listen to Rusko and Caspa’s Fabric Live or whoever then yeah your mainly listenting to dancefloor stuff which can sound fairly similar.. however when you get to people like Burial, Boxcutter or Loefah…things get really diverse.. its not music that has been made purely to dance to.

Its like Dustek said..im loving it right now but 5 years time and we’ll probably be rehashing old tune like dnb is right now…Im just lapping it up while its fresh…

Its just got the unjaded energy and creative feel right now that dnb has lost, there is a real sense of community within the scene and real passion… its reminds me of what i liked about dnb back in 98 / 99.

There is no way that Dubstep can be classed as uniform… yeah ok if you listen to Rusko and Caspa’s Fabric Live or whoever then yeah your mainly listenting to dancefloor stuff which can sound fairly similar.. however when you get to people like Burial, Boxcutter or Loefah…things get really diverse.. its not music that has been made purely to dance to.

Its like Dustek said..im loving it right now but 5 years time and we’ll probably be rehashing old tune like dnb is right now…Im just lapping it up while its fresh…

Its just got the unjaded energy and creative feel right now that dnb has lost, there is a real sense of community within the scene and real passion… its reminds me of what i liked about dnb back in 98 / 99.

yea totally agree with dat

Loved Jungle/Drum n Bass since the mid 90's buty this dubstep thing is movin! Remember the 1st tracks in the early 2000's with Hatcha n Crazy D. No-one else was playing it now so many dj's are constantly touring europe, usa, east asia, australia etc. Dubstep is big and will def be bigger than D&B (If it isnt already)

Lol snoop dogg over that tune. Reaction on dubstepforum is funny, 32 pages+.

Such a bad track to go for him rap over imo, eastern jam just isnt made for lyrics over the top, and the 'yeeeeaaaahhh just don't care' is so bad it makes me laugh.

Would have beend good if he did it over a track more suited to rapping over it, or linked up with a producer to make a tune from scratch.

personally i think dubstep is terrible, and to answer your question.....NO there is no way that dubstep will be as big as dnb.

DUBSTEP suuuuuckssssss

Back
Top Bottom