MCs are fuckin shit

cdf1

went to some night run by aperture in cardiff last night, was marcus intalex and klute, two producers i rate highly, very highly.
anyway, im going to rant about MCs, they fuckin ruined it, chatting all over tunes like a bunch of cunts, chatting over the fuckin tunes, what te fuck is that about. fuckin cunts,wrecked the night, couldnt concentrate on the tunes only the shit MCs. ....i know some people like MCs in a rave, but i cant think of anything worse, if i want someone ranting over tunes i'll put on radio fuckin 1

think everybody's had that feeling before. a few are decent but on the aggregate, yeah, they tend to be more detrimental than not. only a few that i regularly enjoy, and they're not the biggest names out there. but people keep bookin 'em, and people keep showin out for 'em... doubt it'll end any time soon.

went to some night run by aperture in cardiff last night, was marcus intalex and klute, two producers i rate highly, very highly.
anyway, im going to rant about MCs, they fuckin ruined it, chatting all over tunes like a bunch of cunts, chatting over the fuckin tunes, what te fuck is that about. fuckin cunts,wrecked the night, couldnt concentrate on the tunes only the shit MCs. ....i know some people like MCs in a rave, but i cant think of anything worse, if i want someone ranting over tunes i'll put on radio fuckin 1

your not the 1st aint at a guess you wont be the last , ive exsperianced sets that ive felt the mc thing has wrecked it but on a refleaction ive heard sets that and without the presence of the mcs helping the set it wouldnt be so good .

when its good its good when its bad its bad , u came away from the event =[ but i bet someone came away from the same event like =] they cant please everyone all at the same time ....

anyway .. cheers up sir go to the download section and download new red eyes jan 08 mix ..

big big set no mc strickley deep liqweed shizzle , got a feeling u may like it ...... :cheerlead

out of interest, who was mcing?

apologies about rant was a bit pissed.
not sure who was mc'ing, well just checked flyer ruebin, krisp,redeye and someothers, i aint even dissing them personally, i just have decided after years of going out that the last thing i want to hear is some cunts talking and chatting and dropping 'nursery' rhymes over some of my favourite beats, so i cant even hear them,
safe p.i i'll check the mix

some mc's can realy screw things up badly :rtfm::rofl:

lol i used to love mc's over sets now days since iv been djing alot more jus got love for the music can probs only listen to an mc for bout 5 mins and then they jus fuck me off!!

Yes i understand somewhat wer ur cumin from! sum mc's do ruin tunes at times especially wen they chat!

but i must back up sum mc's eksman shabba D skiba... sum local mc's i kno do spit well over the track! but yh allow the talkin and dat!
but i do c wer ur cumin from sum vinyl SHUD NT have spittin over it! i mean sum vinyl have been produced so well it doesnt need it!

but we all kno y mc's r there to hype the crowd!

sound!

agreed. MCs don't add anything to the set IMO.. seen very few decent MCs.

but in fairness, if the MC does a good job, its not one of the things i remember the next day - its usually the tunes.

ye but i dont need someone to hype a crowd, the tunes/beers/drugs do that, someone going ' if you having a good time say boh', or 'put your hands up in the air' or generally just waffling over tunes is just annoying, dont get me wrong some mcs like conrad are badmans, but generally from now on if i see events are hosted by....... then i need to either stay clear or getting fuckin mashed

On the whole alot of MCs defo talk to much random shit......but i really rate a few of them.

Of the big names Eksman still hypes me up, but I'm really feeling MC Decoy (anyone else heard him?), I'd like to hear more of him.

Done my first pirate set last night, and had alot of txts sayin how good it is to hear a drum and bass set with minimal mic. But, there were still a few asking where the MC was....cant please everyone at the same time!

I'd like to hear more actual lyrics than just babble!

"Dj octane" ur rite! i'd like to c more lyrical sides of mc's nt just random shit!

if ur a top mc u gotta work for it by cumin up with new smart lyrics nt just sayin the same shit every time!

But, there were still a few asking where the MC was....cant please everyone at the same time!

ye its true cant please everyone, have to say though if i want lyrical mcing i'll listen to hiphop. if i listen to dnb its just for tunes regardless

out of interest, who was mcing?

My guess would be Krisp, Redeye and Ruben. They're the usual apeture MCs.

its cardiff mc`s who r shit...onli good 1ns r coco mc,4dee an krisp...

Krisp is alrite, but he pisses me off a bit. When he's emceeing, he's alrite, but it's the shit he says in between. "This tune is bad. Big tune," he says all the time. He also mentions "lions and tigers" loads for some reason.

Ahhhh

The age old debate of Mc’s being rubbish…

Klute and Marcus don’t really need a bunch of Mc’s flexin their Ego’s over the music, especially those kind of Mc’s that just chat fast for 5 mins at a time totally trampling over the finely crafted beats.

Maybe the odd bit thrown in here and there to keep the crowd rolling along but generally those guys’ music is far better than to need an Mc to ‘hype’ the crowd.

Its shit when this happens.

Fair point Lokki, however having played with Klute on a number of occasions, I can tell you he appreciates a host MC. I agree with you about hype Mcs on that style, it doesnt go well generally. But as you say, only some MCs "trample" beats. We certainly dont all do it to flex our ego's either.

Just been on your site and seen you have a similar taste in DnB to mine, judging by your tracklist and playing that Commix tune anyway. Dont forget MCs arent' all bad, there's plenty of good 'uns out there too!

Depends which one it is totally, they need to know what to say as well!
Crowd hypers are good at big raves but I fucking hate the wanna be MC's I sometimes get at my local venues. Saying that, there's a hectic female MC called Alys*Blaze!

Always depends on my mood, sometimes they just hurt my head!

Shabba & Eksman are hectic crowd hypers!

Back
Top Bottom