Request Sub Forum In Mix Forum

As i know this has been addressed. Just wondering if it is at all possible to get this going.

kinda like Tune ID is a sub of general.

word
What was the sub forum for? Just mix requests?

i dont see the problem the threads are marked up as tapepack threads..if ya dont want to see they u dont have 2......i think with the tapepack threads this site has taken over all the opposition by far...iv seen on other sites people biggin this site up to the max cause ov all the rareness people are postin!!!!! so its got2 be all good...init????

i dont see the problem the threads are marked up as tapepack threads..if ya dont want to see they u dont have 2......i think with the tapepack threads this site has taken over all the opposition by far...iv seen on other sites people biggin this site up to the max cause ov all the rareness people are postin!!!!! so its got2 be all good...init????

u got a good point and very true

Yeah, lots of ppl like the packs so it's all good, except when all the forum DJs & up & coming DJ sets get lost on page 3.

Other forums do this, one section to submit your own mixes and other bits, and tapepack sets in another.
Think someone said before, with the amount of traffic were getting on here forum headz own mixes are disappearing within hours of posting them up and start not to post them up because of this, even though quite a lot of these mixes are top-notch to say the least. (y)

I think the definition of a tape-pack is not tight enough, for me this would cover any rave/party recording, ever, including old school etc.

I would prefer the sub-forum to be for members to post their own mixes, so they don't get buried in the pile, and get attention they deserve.

So in essence, I agree with Jungledon, main forum is for raves, sub-forum is for members.

Last edited:
I think the definition of a tape-pack is not tight enough, for me this would cover any rave/party recording, ever, including old school etc.

I was thinking that...

But - Packs are packs, i.e. sets of recordings from a rave packaged together and originally sold together...

Single leaked DJ/MC Sets from a rave (or radio sets) are a different thing

Forum DJ sets / mixes are summat else...

I would prefer the sub-forum to be for members to post their own mixes, so they don't get buried in the pile, and get attention they deserve.

So in essence,I agree with Jungledon, main forum is for raves, sub-forum is for members.

I would think it would work better the other way round, say a sub-forum for anything tape-pack, oldskool, sets pre- say 2003?(Hard one to call on that)
Have the main forum for new mixes, members mixes and sets and what not for the exposure. Rather inclined to look at the main mix forum before going to a sub-forum.

Lets have a vote?

EDIT: The more i think about it the more i'm undecided which way round would be best. LOL.

Last edited:
I would think it would work better the other way round, say a sub-forum for anything tape-pack, oldskool, sets pre- say 2003?(Hard one to call on that)
Have the main forum for new mixes, members mixes and sets and what not for the exposure. Rather inclined to look at the main mix forum before going to a sub-forum.

Lets have a vote?

EDIT: The more i think about it the more i'm undecided which way round would be best. LOL.

Fair enough, but I truly think that if we split the forums up (doesnt matter which is the sub-forum, but I see your point) then it should be one for Members ONLY, and one for ALL event recordings.

That way there will be no chance of confusion on exactly what type of mix should go in which forum. If we allow new/post-2003 rave mixes in the Members forum, it will clutter up again, and surely the aim of all this is to give maximum exposure to board members' mixes.

edit - I dont think a requests forum will solve the clutter issue, there aren't that many requests really.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but I truly think that if we split the forums up (doesnt matter which is the sub-forum, but I see your point) then it should be one for Members ONLY, and one for ALL event recordings.

That way there will be no chance of confusion on exactly what type of mix should go in which forum. If we allow new/post-2003 rave mixes in the Members forum, it will clutter up again, and surely the aim of all this is to give maximum exposure to board members' mixes.

edit - I dont think a requests forum will solve the clutter issue, there aren't that many requests really.

Must agree you there on what you've said, members only mixes - are these going to incorporate people's radio sets too? A lot of good talent on this board play on net radio, Maybe encourage them in a way to throw there mixes up, Not that some do need encouraging. (y)

Request forum (n)

Must agree you there on what you've said, members only mixes - are these going to incorporate people's radio sets too? A lot of good talent on this board play on net radio, Maybe encourage them in a way to throw there mixes up, Not that some do need encouraging. (y)

Request forum (n)

yeah radio sets for sure, club sets too, in any capacity as long as they're signed up.

I've been watching this thread since the start, just to clarify:

Mixes (members studio, bedroom, radio, and club recordings)
>> Event / "big dog" recordings (all the big dogs - tape packs, leaked event, studio mixes, podcasts, radio etc.)

So we have a main forum for members, and a new sub forum the big dogs. Can anyone think of a decent name for each forum that's short but covers what it's about?

Cheers!

Keep it simple,
Main forum - Members Mixes.
Sub-Forum - Event Mixes.

In each forum have a sticky describing what can and can't be posted in each part, and rules.(Like random concept sets and that for event mixes.)
LOCKED of course.
Might take a while to control but i think people will get the hang of it.

Back
Top Bottom