quixid - vibe tune

seven

Hi All,

i'm new to the board. working on this tracked called quixid. the feedback i'm look for is rather general. since i work my ass off for the man during my days, my nights are my only time for the music. finishing a tune (with hopes of sharing with some labels) takes a lot of effort... which i'm happy to put in... but i'm posting this tune to see if people think its got enough to take to the next stage, or whether its shite.

track found here:

http://www.myspace.com/soundofsilenxce

thanks in advance for any feedback...

cheers,
eric

Id expect its a bit of a bitch to mix, the drums dont seem to hold the timing correctly imo.

Its pretty experimental with nice weird noises, but it doesnt have a distinct drop or breakdown. Drum and bass that is marketable, especially if your wanting to get label interest, has to be mixable and deliver on the dancefloor, and tho there is plenty going on here to keep the listener interested, it doesnt deliver a solid impact which drum & bass has to have.

Same goes for wipeat, drums make the track unmixable, once again really experimental - if your after experimental labels, check planet mu - this label isnt your formulatic type of music.

Overall really interesting to listen to on my headphones and I appriciate the abstractness of it, but as a dj it has no appeal to go in my box! :twitchy:

Back
Top Bottom