Updated 21/01/08 - Innovation, Random Concept, Dreamland and DnB Infest sets

Re: Updated 07/08/07 - regarding Innovation and Random Concept sets

that sucks cock, if some1 buys the cd pack their is no law about sharing em wiv ya mates..fort matey who owns this site would b much sounder wouldnt u?????

let me no what ur oppinons on the matter.......

SCOUSE

that sucks cock, if some1 buys the cd pack their is no law about sharing em wiv ya mates

There is a law if you are sharing them on the net. All about pm's anyway

Re: Please read: regarding 'Random Concept' sets

have you even been to a random concept? i have. and i've been mugged for my drugs, started on twice and seen my mrs pinned up a wall and groped. so if i got beef it's because i've been there, i don't just download that shit off the internet.

lol x123:nutkick:

hey people :) i need some help here :) i have set called HAZE - BLUR meybe there's anybody that could help me and tell what's the name of the first song int this set :D thank you very much!!

Re: Please read: regarding 'Random Concept' sets

have you even been to a random concept? i have. and i've been mugged for my drugs, started on twice and seen my mrs pinned up a wall and groped. so if i got beef it's because i've been there, i don't just download that shit off the internet.

fuck it... i cnt believe ud jus take dat man... i aktualy neva use forums but i ad 2 do the whole signin up shit 2 say this... sum1 comes up n tried takin ur stuff, dont jus give it 2 dem, some1 starts den just walk away its nuffin rly jus a faggot dat mash up probs... sum1 pins ur misus 2 the wall n gropes her u kick their head in... aswel, whoever u woz with at random concept musta been right faggots not stickin up 4 you when you got muged and that... fuck it tho like sum1 sed before the DnB atmosphere is totally diff ders loads of attitude and thats not alwayz a bad fing, its jks aswel pure grimey...

Why are the Mods even listening to the promoters that are complaining? When you book pretty much any big named dj it will say in the contract that recordings are not allowed. The promoters are making money from these DJs without their permission. Downloading them for free is not illegal.

Regarding Raveology Cd & Tape Packs!!

Please could u not post any cd or tapepacks of raveology as we have had an email from the promoters.
please respect there wishes.thank u (y)

Re: Regarding Raveology Cd & Tape Packs!!

Like I said in the the Innovation thread-
Why are the Mods even listening to the promoters that are complaining? When you book pretty much any big named dj it will say in the contract that recordings are not allowed. The promoters are making money from these DJs without their permission. Downloading them for free is not illegal

No mate, if you nick stolen goods its still theft. A double negative does not equal a positive in law.

The recordings might be infringing somebody's copyright but they are still protected by copyright despite this.

There are plenty of cheeky packs out there but I'd pretty sure that the big boys have contracts foreseeing recording of sets and the djs don't complain. That said, the producers of the tracks should give permission for their tracks to be used in distributed recordings as they would for a compilation or a studio mix. That is a messy aspect however copyright still exists on the recordings.

im not gonna argue the fact whether right is wrong.we had the email and have enough respect for what they ask.so as i said,please no raveology sets thank u please.

Maybe technically it is illegal to download them. Still I have spoken to a number of big named DJ's who have never given permission for recordings. I am someone who strongly disagrees with illegal downloads of tracks- it is bad for the scene and morally wrong. However downloading tape packs for free is not bad for the scene and is not morally wrong IMO.

Is renaming the packs with a non existent promoter acceptable?

fact of the matter is promoters do not in any way shape or form have permission to release tape packs

1 - any dj contract will have a clause in it stating that under no circumstances should any recording be made via audio or video of the sets so i think you will find that every dj who is booked on a contract is going to say no to his or her set being recorded - every dj i have spoken to about thsi has said they do not like or want thier sets recorded ive yet to find one that is happy about it

2 - to actually legaly release any recording of someones music you need permission from the copyright holder (that is the person who wrote the track) before you can make any copy of that music now being a producer myself it pisses me off no end when i hear my music all over tape packs

3 - apparently its good promotion for the artists to have thier music bootlegged illigally on these tape packs - well as promoters dont bother to put tracklists on these packs how the hell is anyone supposed to know what the tracks are or who they are by ??? i myself see no promotion there

so taking all that into account what rights do promoters have to say that tape / cd packs cannot be uploaded and distributed for free on the net

Thanks Dj Vapor for hammering that out and giving the forum, a heads up from a producer's
point of view.

Back
Top Bottom