Your Latest Vinyl Purchaces....

A massive reason i have started buying less and less vinyl is because of warped tunes!!! Does my head in.. New dimension bit got sent to me warped to fuck.. Going to send it straight back!! I just don't get why they don't just stick it on a TT before sending out and literally just use their eyes!!! Rant over..

yeah it has been a bit more frequent of late! I think its more the postal service (well to NZ anyway), because I find if any are warped then its ALL of the records in a pack, not just the odd one out of a few. Luckily I have developed a flattening method in the oven that works a treat, so I can fix most of them myself to save the all-round hassle of getting more sent....

yeah it has been a bit more frequent of late! I think its more the postal service (well to NZ anyway), because I find if any are warped then its ALL of the records in a pack, not just the odd one out of a few. Luckily I have developed a flattening method in the oven that works a treat, so I can fix most of them myself to save the all-round hassle of getting more sent....

Please share! Sounds interesting!

Please share

woh, one at a time lads! haha

I think I have shared it before, but will again:

I have two old xone 92 faceplates that bolt together face-to-face with some grease-proof paper in-between to line (I think the paper also helps regulate the heat a bit and stops any defects in the steel from transferring to the record). Some flat, clean metal squares will do the same job though.

I put a record between, and cook it at 70deg (Celsius) on FAN BAKE (so the heat is circulated, not applied direct), for 15-20mins MAX (depending on the amount of warp and weight of the record). The faceplates get hot but not too hot to put your hand flat on them (they don't want to be scalding hot, just hot enough to get the record to be slightly malleable so the weight of the metal can flatten any warps out.

Then you take the assembly out and allow it to cool completely (this is important, as taking the record out warm will result in it bouncing back to its warped shape when it cools).

You then disassemble the plates, and check the record. As long as its not been too hot that the record melts and deforms (had that before lol), but hot enough for it to become slightly malleable and pressed flat again, you are good to go!

(note you may need to do this process 2-3 times to get rid of bad warps. the more gently is is done, the better chance the record will not bounce back too much. Some just stay totally flat after doing this, others go back slightly but I have had a 90%ish success rate with getting them to at least playable condition, which is pretty awesome)

Best try this with some old shit records first to hone your technique. You can also buy products to do this as well, like this: http://www.vinylflat.com/vinylflatproducts.html (which is essentially the same principle as what I use)

Last edited:
Monthly dig

Spirit - Final Chapter (The Alternative Ending) / Raygun V.I.P (Timeless Recordings - TYME 023)
Various - Zenith Part 1 (2x12", Promo) (Quarantine - QRNUK004)
Primary Motive - Electric Blue / True Voice (12", Promo) (Creative Source - CRSE 006)
Origination - Brace Yourself / Mental Relaxation (12") (Creative Source - CRSE 011)
Rogue Unit - Black Gold / Memphis Bliss (12", W/Lbl, Promo, Sta) (Dee Jay Recordings - DJX031)
Attica Blues - Blueprint (Remixes) (12") (Mo Wax - MW038R)
Roni Size & DJ Krust* - A Touch Of Daylight (12") (Full Cycle Records - FCY002)
Congress - 40 Miles / Better Grooves (12", Bla) (Inner Rhythm - heart 01)
J.L.M. Productions* - Matter Of Trust E.P (12", EP) (Reinforced Records - RIVET 1264)
Interception - Feel It (12") (Motivation Records - MV 02)
Authorised Riddim - Split Personality / Navigators Path (12") (Certificate 18 - CERT1806)
Boymerang - Soul Beat Runna / Mind Control (12", Promo) (Regal - REG 14 DJ)
Unknown Artist - Heavyweight Vol 1 (10", Ltd) (Heavyweight - HW1)
Skeptical (2) - Imperial EP (Exit Records (7) - EXIT053) 12"
Peshay & Roger Johnson - See The Light / Untitled (Street Beats - VDL 1)

Here's the Enter Shikari vinyl mentioned a few weeks ago.
1/500
Screen_Shot_2015_02_02_at_7_40_15_PM.png

Also got the Mountains Remixed album by Hybrid Minds recently

Last edited:
YEP, in my opinion, buy a product.. not fit for purpose.. send back and get a refund.

haha, yeah would be all good if I was in the UK - but shipping records back/asking for more to get sent is no good for anyone I think (have to wait longer, and costs the shops/labels more cash). So I figured if I can make what I get work, then all is well!!

Managed to pick up few bits from the Critical re-stock. Aphasia/Persecute, Piano Bizness/Smooth Baby, Organiser/One Chance (remix ep). Anyone else bag anything?

Big order from Alphacut/45seven:
1 x acr029 12inch
1 x acr028 xxx 12inch
1 x acr027 xxx 12inch
1 x acr026 xxx 12inch
1 x acr024 xxx 12inch
1 x acr016 promo 12inch
1 x acai 12inch
1 x 4578 7inch
1 x 4575 7inch
1 x 4574 7inch
1 x 4571 7inch

Samurai order:
The new Ruffhouse 12" special edition
The new Djrum 12" special edition
new samurai t shirt

Can't wait for those to arrive.

Also went record shopping in Soho and grabbed:
Ruffhouse - Pellet/Classified for a 2 pound coin
Nasty Habits - Shadowboxing (the remix)/March white label - also for a £2 coin...why not.
Ena - Binaural LP - must have.

Managed to pick up few bits from the Critical re-stock. Aphasia/Persecute, Piano Bizness/Smooth Baby, Organiser/One Chance (remix ep). Anyone else bag anything?

I got St Clair which I've been after for a while

Couple of 12s from intense
Phace sampler
Tango & Verb spy tech 7 sampler

Accidentally got two copies of St Clair after the repress last year, gave one to a mate as a bday gift and he gave me the whole SPY LP in return, not bad

Elemental - Pathways
LXC - Eleven Eleven
Ruffhouse - Straight 9's / UVB-76
Djrum - Plantain / What I Was Doing...
Skeptical - Imperial EP
Seba & Paradox - Delusions / Future Now
FD - Change Please / Into You (first Spearhead record that I've bought in about 5+ years I think)
Dead Man's Chest - Dreamscapes EP
Nether - Beating Me / Deep Echo
Deepchord - Summer Night Versions EP

So far in 2015:
DRS - The Puppeteer (Soul:r - SOUL:R064)
Mako (17), Villem & Mcleod (2) - Inner Revolution (Utopia Music (2) - UM017)
Fierce / Break - In Limbo / Hooligan (Quarantine - QRNUK009)
Eastcolors, Hybris (5) - Could Be / Things Inside (Demand Records (3) - DMND025V)
Mortem (5) - Midnight Analogs (Demand Records (3) - DMND024)
Spirit - VIP Dial / Cobra (Inneractive Music - INNA 040)
Mikal / Nymfo (2) / Riot (20) - Where They At (Metalheadz - META021)
Impish* / Side1 & Deal (5) - About Love / Move Me (Audio Plants Recordings - APEV03)
Dead Man's Chest (2) - Dreamscapes EP (Ingredients Records - RECIPE 45)
Various - Censorship / Polygraph (Blendits Audio - BLAU005)
Fierce / Vicious Circle - Section VIP / Feedback (Quarantine - QRNPLATE001)
Subatomic Sound System - Jah Is Coming / Dubbing On The Moon (Subatomic Sound - SS027)
Pablo Nouvelle / My Nu Leng - You Don't Understand (Calibre Remix) / Knowing (Break Remix) (Black Butter Records - BLKBTR-SPE)
Klute - "You Won't Like It" EP (Commercial Suicide - suicide083)

..and some Discogs stuff as well :)
Adam F - Stand Clear (EMI - 12EMDJ 597)
Capone -N- Noreaga / Method Man - Def Jam Vendetta (Island Def Jam Music Group - B0000160-11)
Felix - Don't You Want Me (Original Mixes And Remixes) (Deconstruction, RCA - 74321 11050 1)
Heavy D. & The Boyz - Peaceful Journey (MCA Records - MCA 10289)
Max Romeo - Hola Zion / Chase The Devil (Charmax Music - none)
N.O.R.E. - Full Mode Remix (Def Jam Recordings, Violator Records - DEFR 15723-1, 440 063 826-1)
Baby D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy (Systematic, Systematic, Production House, Production House - SYSX 4, SYSX4)
Cybersonik / States Of Mind - The Future Sound Of Detroit (Plus 8 Records Ltd., Plus 8 Records Ltd. - PLUS8003, PLUS8003 PROMO)
Leftfield, Lydon* - Open Up (Hard Hands - HAND 009T)
Prodigy, The - Voodoo People (Mute, Mute Corporation - 7007-1)
Second Phase - Mentasm (R & S Records - RSUK 2)

Back
Top Bottom