Since there are sooooo many top-notch producers on dis forum, I thought I'd ask for some advice on upgrading my sound-card.
I just got some M-Audio BX8 Monitors to shore up my mixing, running Cubase and Reason and a VST or two. Currently running an M-Audio Delta 440 and an Audigy for reference and to run my computer speakers (for TV, movies, etc). Feel like I want a few more features than the Delta, including (if possible):
- top notch sound (24/96 plz)
- lowest latency
- best driver support possible
- PCI interface (no USB or FireWire, tanks!)
- At least 6 in/ 6 out
- Preferably at least 2 balanced XLR ins/outs
- SPDIF each way
- One or Two Hi-Z inputs (for meh guitar and bass)
- break-out box (so's I don't have to crawl around too much behind teh desk)
- Only need 1 midi in/out/thru (not using much outboard)
- ST Audio DSP3000 (or teh 2000)
- M-Audio Delta 1010
- Edirol DA2496
Any experience with these? What are you using? What did I miss?