My Sound Card

Sponge

I have a Yamaha DS2416, pretty old skool i know but i just bought a brand new pc and its not liking the card. When i run Cubase and try and listen to what i've made it fucks up and starts glitching, like it skips. If anyone has had trouble with cubase using to much power you'll know what i mean! i bought a new pc so i could stop that from happening. Im pretty shit with that kind of stuff, would be very helpful if someone could help coz i really wona start making beats!! Im pretty sure i downloaded the right drivers for it, but yeh takes the piss coz i've waited soo long for it! :( Cheers

I would personally have another look for the drivers again, maybe also speak to the yamaha technical support team.If they fob you off with some crap, get a new sound card.Usb or firewire , ther the most compatible types.You can pick 1 up for about £150.Dont go for yamaha.Try out Edirol or M audio.Good Luck

If the card has ASIO drivers you can tweak the latency big enough that it wont skip from audio preferences, properties or what have you.

If it doesnt have asio drivers i would recommend a card from E-MU. I have a basic 1202m something or another and no glitches so far.

Back
Top Bottom