budget mixer

cazenova

im fairly new to DnB but im really getting into it and im starting to find my mixes are held back by my equipment. im have a cheap crappy mixer from one of the all-in-one packages and im looking to upgrade. im still only looking to spend about £120 though, whats the best budget mixer i can get for that?

i've looked at the Behringer DJX 700 they've got on htfr and they've also got a Stanton M304 for £130...

greatly appreciate any advice you can give....?

On the one hand you have a wannabe Pioneer DJM 600 that costs a quarter of the Pioneer, has worthless effects, awful faders and the build quality of a Lada, on the other hand you have a solid three channel mixer that you wil not fall apart in 4 months time.

STEP BACK FROM THE BEHRINGER DJX 700 AND PUT THE VINYL DOWN!

im fairly new to DnB but im really getting into it and im starting to find my mixes are held back by my equipment. im have a cheap crappy mixer from one of the all-in-one packages and im looking to upgrade. im still only looking to spend about £120 though, whats the best budget mixer i can get for that?

i've looked at the Behringer DJX 700 they've got on htfr and they've also got a Stanton M304 for £130...

greatly appreciate any advice you can give....?

im finding myself in a similar situation and was looking at those 2 mixers along with the gemini UMX 9http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR122002

so whats it to be the stanton or the gemini?!

My advise is save your money and buy something worth owning. because like much other stereo equipment, you get what you pay for. Before i got my djm (ata very good 2nd hand price/check the used market!!) I had a shyte Gemeni 2 chanel. wich i paid $150 for. And it still works. but the quality is rubish. all the knobs and faders ar stiff, it doesnt put out good sound...its just a piece of crap.
In that same span of time my pioneer has not stand the test of time...i blew thru the 2 main chanels and am for seeing it on its last legs.

Spend the money if your serious about this music. A propa mixer will give you propa mixing:gun:

Those mixers that they're looking at aren't bad and are 'proper' mixers. They're in fact quite good and will last a while. Its not worth buying a Rane battle mixer or a Pioneer DJM 600 at first.

I had a Gemini UMX-9 and it was brilliant. I still have it as a spare, but I'm using my Empath now instead. Don't be put off by the Gemini name, it is very good quality for the price (unlike some of their other stuff).

Apparently it wasn't actually made by them, just branded.

Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom