Post video sets of yourself mixing here

I dont like the idea of using a laptop to mix with, but yeah I can see how it would be even more affordable. :)

Haha yeah, if i had the money i'd be doing it your way too though i think. I've got traktor pro, and it's all about trying to minimize the time looking at the screen to keep the fun in it...
Just browse for a tune and done. You'd be surprised how much more fun it is to go through a record case/cd wallet though. Flicking through like a badman ;)

But searching in a list on a screen goes a lot faster though, which can make a difference in the number of tunes... And there's more possibilities of course, advanced looping and effects, but that ain't much fun neither.

What to you lot use to record yourselves? i tried on my phone but the sound was gash? whats the best way of doin it?

You have to record the sound and music seperate. You record the audio straight from you line out on your mixer, then edit the audio to the video. ;)

What software you use to edit the audio to the video? sounds missionary!

I usually record the audio and video seperately, then make the first PLAY button push exaggerated so i know to line the 2 up when i stick it in premier pro.

Although theoretically you can plug a webcam into your comp, select your soundcard and record it all together in one in windows movie maker.

interesting onions keeps em coming. :teeth:

.... on the subject of recording. I record on seperate sources and use a video editor which displays the audio wave form. If you zoom in on the audio wave form it is much easier to visually line up the actual wave form than trying to eye up to a 25fps web cam video clip. In fact you can get it perfect. ;)

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

There are Electro dj's that do alot of double drops, I just dont think sounds good. Just my opinion tho

need linkies please Sc0tty... i would love to listen.... been looking for something like that for ages from others, make my own onions on them :teeth:

Last edited:
damn you new guys with your livestreams. I know you are indeed 'posting video sets of yourself mixing here', but if it would've been youtube; a. we could've just watch it here without new pages opening and horrible loading times interrupting your set, b. it would've been a minimix, so that we can listen to more other mixes too.

Video from my History of Drum and Bass set last Saturday.

1. Cloud 9 - You Got Me Burning
2. Nookie - The Sound Of Music
3. Slipmatt - Breaking Free

Should be more to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tracklist :

Chopstick Crew - Lighter
Junglerock - Visionary
Call pon dem -Chezidek
Mek me hear ya - Rcola
Code Red - Serial killaz
Welcome to jamrock - Flare