Post video sets of yourself mixing here

cheers for the links,
That tune's been on their soundcloud for absolutely ages! I hate it when tunes drag...
yeh tell me about it im evan more desperate for there jamican boy remix !!! only been waiting months nows :|

Wasnt aware of it...cheers for the heads up. May end up spinning Kate Nash dubs in the future...lol!

Last edited:
Started mixing with vinyl 3 months ago, i know i'm not that good yet, but here is a little minimix from me :D
Feedback is greatly appreciated ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlZv6FpV3XQ

hi mate, didn't have the sound on but i watched some of ur vid, i noticed u didn't touch the pitch once.
so to be helpfull, this vid might help you out. enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
You really need to let the pitch control be your friend and dont start a mix until you know they're in time. The best advice I could give you would be to spend a few hours straight just trying to keep two tunes together. And please dont touch the trims until you've mastered the first bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7JyFbLr274

Heres a sneak preview of my latest mixtape which i will upload after i pay soundcloud for my overdue account :P

Tracklisting:

Are you ready? - Hive & Gridlock Remix
Dark Days - Alex Pirez
Book of sight - Ed Rush & Optical
If We Ever - High contrast
Kingdom - Spor

ps could someone embed my video i tried following the tutioral at the start of this thread and it never works :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7JyFbLr274

Like your set up mate! All you need is some dry ice and strobe lighting to really set things off...

Embedding wise if you check the row of icons on top of the Quick Reply box there's one called 'insert video' (second from right). Left click on that and copy and paste the link from the address bar at the top of your youtube page...simple as.

Like your set up mate! All you need is some dry ice and strobe lighting to really set things off...

Embedding wise if you check the row of icons on top of the Quick Reply box there's one called 'insert video' (second from right). Left click on that and copy and paste the link from the address bar at the top of your youtube page...simple as.

cheers dude, i have all of the above and more but i have no plugs spare and not alot of room to set it all up, and + a strobe is too much for a village hall let alone my bedroom lol

and i cant believe i havent noticed that film stripe before

images

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

There is a uv light inbetween the main speakers but i couldnt record a video where the only thing you can see is my finger nails and the blue led s on my cdjs and turntable s lol

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:11 ----------

http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?31902-Post-pictures-of-your-set-up./page70

Theres a few pics

Uploading an old one now :)

EDIT:

Done.
Was proper stoned and it was like 6am and i didnt wanna wake anyone up so had to keep the volume low so couldnt hear cued and playing too well. (Why i keep leaning over to the left, to turn it down).

No vinyl im afraid as this was taken 2 days after my TT arrived and i hadnt got to grips with midilog with the VMS4 so it wouldnt record from vinyl, just channel 2 and 3.
Anyhoo.

REMOVED! Gonna record a new one now :) Will update post. =P

Last edited:
Ah man, i loved your vids when you still did three deck vinyl as standard. Why all the cdjs now mate?

I still have three decks... aswell as two cdjs... the reason of for the cdjs is so i can mix anything, from electro to funky to dubstep to dnb. I just need to get another stand like the other cdj so the deck can go underneath... Only the dubstep mix is using the cdj's the dnb is on the turntables. ;)

I still have three decks... aswell as two cdjs... the reason of for the cdjs is so i can mix anything, from electro to funky to dubstep to dnb. I just need to get another stand like the other cdj so the deck can go underneath... Only the dubstep mix is using the cdj's the dnb is on the turntables. ;)

because of the limited pitch range on the decks then?

Alright, will view the vids probably tomorrow, parents are sleeping in the room next door and i should be studying. *__*

because of the limited pitch range on the decks then?

Alright, will view the vids probably tomorrow, parents are sleeping in the room next door and i should be studying. *__*

no, because of the cost....

odd you may think... paying £3000 to save money but let me explain.

My turntables cost me around £1500 for the three. Technics 1210 mk5gs, now I have around about 1200 or so records... which cost me to buy about £7000

So in total out of £8500 i get 3 decks and 2400 tunes, but lets be honest how many times do we just buy the record for the one side?

Now if i take that £8500 and buy the cdj's im left with about £5500, even if these where expensive mp3's at say £1.80 i can still get 3,000 tunes.... and i can buy exactly the ones i want.

no, because of the cost....

odd you may think... paying £3000 to save money but let me explain.

:rofl:

My turntables cost me around £1500 for the three. Technics 1210 mk5gs, now I have around about 1200 or so records... which cost me to buy about £7000

So in total out of £8500 i get 3 decks and 2400 tunes, but lets be honest how many times do we just buy the record for the one side?

Now if i take that £8500 and buy the cdj's im left with about £5500, even if these where expensive mp3's at say £1.80 i can still get 3,000 tunes.... and i can buy exactly the ones i want.

Errrm, what about traktor scratch with 4 deck functionality for half a grand then?

But i do get your point mate.

Back
Top Bottom