1st show experience

Duk

Hey guys.
Just wondering if you could asnwer a question i had. What do u guys focus on when playing where u get alot of echoes/extra noise. I know that not all places have a bad sound delay but is it then u start to mix in your headphones?Just wondering what other people do thanks

did that happen on your first show? bit rough, but might as well get it out of the way cause it'll happen again!

I'd say if you cant compensate for the delay, then use the phones, for sure. there may be other ways but aside from growling at the sound guy I dunno (rarely works, they are delicate creatures)

On a big system there is always gonna be some small delay.
Anyways, I always used both to check whether my mix is accurate, first cue up using the speakers and then confirming and making changes in the headphones. Other times, like when the monitor is shite, I'll used purely the headphones just to mix. As long as you can get your mix tight, use whatever way you need.

If the setup isn't all that I definitely always try to keep the mixes as simple as possible - I've tried being all snazzy and failed miserably on a dodgy setup.

I agree w/sdm.
Ive had this happen many times. And am not quite sure how to explain it other than your brain compensates for traveling sound.
I have had no luck mixing in the headphones in this case:towelie:

Ok. Thanks for your input. Yeah it did happen at my first show. There were no monitor speakers at all as well. So i was trying to hear the mix on the speakers and it literally sounded like static because of all the noise/echoes. So aside from trying the speakers first i guess ill work more with my headphones first. THX:spliff:

Back
Top Bottom