Calyx as a DJ

mesh

VIP Junglist
Saw him last night for a two hour set and it was very good, bettering my expectations. I'm normally not impressed at all with known producers from the harder spectrum when they try to DJ an interesting set, but it was great, nuff older tunes and a good mix of style (no liquid though as you'd guess!)
Really vibin night, anyone else seen him DJ or have an opinion?

Seen him b2b with Teebee at The End in London.

Quality DJ with a wicked selection of his own beats! :slayer:

sdm said:
Seen him b2b with Teebee at The End in London.

Quality DJ with a wicked selection of his own beats! :slayer:

hey exactly that would have been wild, saw TeeBee last year and he has a sick selection and mixing. haha we were listenin to a TeeBee mix during warm up drinks last night too! b2b would be :gun:

Seen him twice live. Set he did on his own at hardware last year was sick! so much better than i expected. man needs to play out more, got a really diverse selection

saw him last time he was in sydney get to see
him on friday to.
good tune selection old, new and dubs.
quality dj but a better producer since his LP
his tunes have gone to a whole new level

sook said:
saw him last time he was in sydney get to see
him on friday to.
good tune selection old, new and dubs.
quality dj but a better producer since his LP
his tunes have gone to a whole new level

yes indeed man, he's sticking round Australia for a bit this time, keeps meeting girls I reckon lol
funny, I would rarely even listen to a Calyx release cause I don't head for that stuff automatically; I own a few but found some of his releases uninspiring.
As a DJ I was pleasantly surprised, so I guess thats a good ad for his releases too. I'll get on it

He played last week in Brisbane...one turntable was out (so i assume) so he was playing off one turntable and a CDJ - still managed a banging set!

Back
Top Bottom