Bass sounds

JIMGORE

Im wondering about how all those immense bass sounds are created by the likes of Noisia, Unknown Error, etc, etc. I am trying to learn and I think I am beginning to understand (maybe).

I have been using pitch and cutoff envelopes in Kontakt to try and twist the bass sound. This seems to give some nice movement to the bass sound and then I have been adding various filters to try and give the sound some character. I would normally then layer a few of these basses over each other with different effects ( highpass / low pass etc) to give a bit of warmth

Any one got any further tips with this??

z3ta, reaktor or albino to get the ruff sounds............
it is a lot of automation on distortions, filters, lfos and phaze/flange (hehehe flange:teeth: )
I am trying some experiments with this at the mo as i am normally a bit of a wobbler and i have found lfoing granular synths, with a distortion incresing in strength and decresing in strength in time with the lfo (if that makes any sense) as well as a light flange (Waves Meta Flanger for me) to give it some movement and depth.

logikz said:
oh shit that sounds nice fozzy with the dist linked to the lfo ill be sure to try that out nice one. what synth is it youre talking about?

With z3ta its easy, just link the distortion (or any of the other fx actually give you good sound depth when linked) to whichever lfo is affecting the sound.
With Albino i usually just automate whichever distortion plug in i am using to come on and off in time with the lfo ( a bit fiddly to get it right but when it does, oooooh baby!!)
and Reaktor ..................... I don't know how to use it for shit but i have heard it is good of you can :teeth:
Also for filters...... you all gotta try the Sonalksis TBK ( the TBK stands for The Big Knob!!!) it is a fat as filter and has auto resonance control so no more fiddling with automation on the res to stop peaking/spiking issues. It is basically the A+H Filter in a plug in.

Back
Top Bottom