Sponge

Alrite guys im a total newbie to making DnB music, i love listening to it and i have soooo much free time these days that i really want to get started. Heres the problem tho, i have no idea where to start or what to buy etc. Can anyone give me adive or an e-book or something so i can get down to making me some tunes, as i said i've got loads of free time so thats not and issue if it takes a while, and i've taught myself how to play the bass guitar so i can teach myself if i can just get the basics ok. If im being totaly nieve please tell me, Cheers Carl (Sponge)

welcome. no problem, theres breaks and basses in the sample thread, think kama posted a couple of pads too. plus the place is littered with eq tips and other pinkbits.
let me know if you want more in-depth info, or better yet, ask mr. bigshot, kama.

Well, ive been playing around with audacity, cant find any drum samples that sound good. Have downloaded alot off the fourm, made some interesting sounds but none of it sounds good, is fun tho.

Haha i'm a bigshot LOL!

ok, you propably know, most of drum'n'bass beats is about sampling - no shame in ripping up some legendary funk drums and tearing them completely out of context. That's the way to make good drum sounds without a drummer.

....bigshot...HAHAHAHA!!

And as this is mainly comp based music, get some midi controllers or synths you can use as controllers for the cheaper soft synths or samplers if you use cubase. I reckon since you used the homestudio for recording, you haven't used midi that much. with easier programs like fruityloops that's not necessary, so don't ask me about midi.

anyway

i'm no pro myself but always willing to help what i can like many more on this board, ask and ye shall receive.

no dude. When something is recorded as one track, it's one track. you'll have to hunt down some drums from the net. you can find them pretty easily, but good breaks are harder to find. Lucky for you, Affliction's given a lot of time for the breaks x-change thread here, there you can get some of the most legendary breaks.

cliken hier

Back
Top Bottom