Just Introduced to DNB requesting help

stuckie27

I have been interested in electronic music for about 3 years. I was introduced to the music genera by none other than Fat Boy Slim, and gradually I have found the type of electronic music that pleases me. I currently listen to trance artists like, BT and DJ Tiesto. I have a passion for this type of music. But I also listen to Progressive (John Digweed, Dave Seamen), Hard trance (Gary D.), Goa (Juno Reactor), and a little bit of other stuff.

I recently went to a club in the twin cities called "The Quest" and saw DEV a "up and coming DnB DJ." I was intrigued by his music and this is primarily why I am typing this today. I really like the fast beats and the heavy emoting, I liked the energy of the music.

Then I was at Barnes and Noble later that week I was looking at magazines and I found Knowledge. I bought the December 2002 issue. I was interested because of the content being entirely DnB ,and I wanted to hear the music that was on the CD.

From reading some of the threads here I have seen that the members here are familiar with this mag. I ask the people that have this issue to listen to the "free CD" that comes with and turn to the last tracks (14 through the end). I again ask that you identify what type of DnB this is and what artists are similar to this type of music.

For everybody else I just want some suggestions on artists and specific tracks to listen to.

Thanks for your help and for not flaming on my music choice.
:D

I'm not an expert or much of a tech dnb fan but here's a few labels you can check out:

DSCI4
Underfire
Zero G
Nerve
Trouble on Vinyl (better of going for their newest stuff)
Square one
Gain
G2
Stealth

The stuff about the CD.... shouldn't that be in the magazine with the tracklisting thingy? Or am I wrong lol

Back
Top Bottom