Has or Does anybody cut dubplates....

I go to transition in London
30 squid for a double sided 10 inch.
Gonna give dubstudio in Bristol a go at some point as well.

I'm not too keen on dubs, the quality isn't too good and they wear down easily, miles easier to rip to cd.

Indi said:
I'm not too keen on dubs, the quality isn't too good and they wear down easily, miles easier to rip to cd.

thats true although dubstudio do it on this kinda plastic compound that doesnt wear down so much.

also, do you think the lack of final mastering on CD dub is an issue?

Indi said:
I think they last a lot longer than they used to these days. Not that I'd know :teeth:

I can see the point of Cd's as they are quick and easy, but you can't beat the smell of fresh Vinyl in the morning, yeh the new compound they use for dubs does allow more plays, so I hear.

$marty_B said:
serum how long do those plates hold(i.e minutes of track) at that transition place?

On 33 they do around 7 minutes but the shorter the better.
I'm sure dubs are lasting longer as well these days, mine haven't worn out yet

When I were a nipper and had the cash to cut some plates, it was Music House, and JTS, then Alchemy came along, but is it all different now...??? As for dubs, NEVER lend them to anyone else ..they come back chipped....and they smell like baby oil...does that mean man with dubs has a big dick but smeels of baby oil??? I hope not.Better go check. :cowbell:

Chemical source their dub cutting to a cutting studio, can't remember the name but they're fairly established.

The material they use is this PVC, not acetate, it's much harder-wearing and feels like real vinyl when you have it in your hands. They're also trialing and rolling out transparent versions of the PVC plates, and coloured ones I believe too as well (I've seen them in black and transparent). They don't feel as fragile as a regular dub, they are a lot harder wearing though, and I think they're a little bit cheaper than acetates.

I'm sure I've seen these PVC plates in 12" size too, not just 10" or 11"... But meh, everybody knows that the leet DJs get their dubs all cut at 180bpm anyway. ;)

Nothing quite like the real quality of a Heathmans dub, they feel and look like a real deluxe-quality dub. I'm lucky enough to have posession of a couple of these babies, and they really are the puckerest of pucker. Incredibly solid, very thick, quality edge finish too (smooth as you'd like, no cut-your-fingers edges), and they're a full 12", sure you pay with a pound of flesh for them but they are teh nice. ;)

Back
Top Bottom