The Breaks X-Change Thread

Re: Holy Shit

good work Affliction man!

but loads of these are (or have come from) dodgy MP3s? did you MP3 them so they'd fit on the site (there's a couple I would like .wavs for if possible)

Re: Re: Holy Shit

Amen Brother said:
good work Affliction man!

but loads of these are (or have come from) dodgy MP3s? did you MP3 them so they'd fit on the site (there's a couple I would like .wavs for if possible)

all the mp3's are either 256kbps or 320kbps.... so mp3 compression is nothing to worry about. Alot of people have voiced similar concerns about the quality of some of the breaks.... what people have to realise is that alot of these breaks were recorded a very long time ago, when recording methods weren't nearly as good as they are now. Back in the 60's / 70's.... the microphones just didnt exist to get crystal clear accurate high frequencies.

All the breaks i have posted are at the original quality - and im sure are as good as you will ever find.

by the way - my ADSL is scheduled for 20th August.... :slayer:

Re: Re: Re: Holy Shit

nah mate, a lot of the wavs you've posted sound like they were originally low quality MP3s that have been saved as 16 bit wavs

I'm well aware of the original quality of the recordings as I've been collecting beats since I was a nipper and I'm pushing 30 now :)cry: @ my age)

All the breaks i have posted are at the original quality - and im sure are as good as you will ever find.

no disrespect mate but that's not true for the majority of these samples :confused:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Holy Shit

Affliction said:
dont download them then - ungrateful git :(

aw, sorry mate! didn't mean to seem ungrateful... just that there's a few nuggets in those threads that I was excited to download only to find they were sounding a bit ragged

Ignore me, i'm a knob anyway :miss_rep:

Back
Top Bottom