Why do people not feedback on this forum?

https://dnbforum.com/threads/neural-tech-edelus-testy.201590/
It starts shit. Should start from 0 vol and fade up slowly.

I like the samples used at 15 and 20secs.

28seconds... oh deer.. bit off track... hope it don't derail....

And it pretty much goes on from there.

Ok production is good. You know how to make a tune so that's most the battle.

But the vibe... is shit.. those samples are the key... and some influence from Reza and his Cylon beats may inspire greatness in you.

Remember. Choose the sword and you join the great. Choose the ball and you join the others in death. You don't understand my words but you must choose...

This is the cutest Review I've ever seen. You didn't vote in the Poll... "No soup FOR YOU!" :tut:

To be honest Dogs on Acid is way better for getting track critiques and discussing production...

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

The main reason I come to this Forum is because the quality of the tunes posted in this section is so stellar... the talent is immense with this site, and imo... always has been.

Is this thread from 2005? omfg

This might be unpopular comment, but generally people don't want to be mean and most of the music people create is crap. It's crap in the sense of composition, production, arrangement, mixing and mastering. Most of the beginner-tier music doesn't even make any sense and it's painful to listen to. Music is harsh form of art, since the music people mostly listen is made by pros so the bar is put really high, the patterns we recognize and demand from music were set eons ago.

Getting the listeners is horrible work.

Generally, appreciate both negative and positive feedback. It's about getting better right?

Since I'm very new, I realize the stuff I make is, to put it bluntly, crap. But they are just steps on the way to making something that isn't. If I had any delusions about my stuff being "the best" I would have spent my time promoting it to labels etc. not asking for feedback on the webs.

Since I live in a small town, there are no real life people that have the perspective that you guys have, so the internet becomes the only solution. Then I need to make a judgment call, should I post this, or should I keep working on my stuff privately for another 6 months first. And the easiest way to find out is to just do it. And, at least in my case, posting it did provide valuable feedback.

Just have to find a good balance between a circle-jerk and a circle-rape on the forums.

If you can't handle being told your stuff is shit (even if it's constructive critique or not) you probably shouldn't post it on the internet.

Is this thread from 2005? omfg

This might be unpopular comment, but generally people don't want to be mean and most of the music people create is crap. It's crap in the sense of composition, production, arrangement, mixing and mastering. Most of the beginner-tier music doesn't even make any sense and it's painful to listen to. Music is harsh form of art, since the music people mostly listen is made by pros so the bar is put really high, the patterns we recognize and demand from music were set eons ago.

Getting the listeners is horrible work.
pros were amateur once too my friend...

pros were amateur once too my friend...
Of course they were, but they didn't get big with beginner/amateur stuff. Everyone has to go through the same holistic practice and while the best and most dedicated people reach the pro-level. My point was that when the bar is set by these pros it's affecting the likeness to listen stuff which isn't as good.

Ping-ponging feedback is nice and rewarding but as a learning process I'd recommend getting a mentor or studying the field.

I have lots to say about beginner/amateur-made stuff (shit, I have made music for over 12 years and I'm still not happy with it), but I don't have the heart to break something what someone else has made. While music making is nice and rewarding, there comes a time when the true nature of producing reveals.

Of course they were, but they didn't get big with beginner/amateur stuff. Everyone has to go through the same holistic practice and while the best and most dedicated people reach the pro-level. My point was that when the bar is set by these pros it's affecting the likeness to listen stuff which isn't as good.

Ping-ponging feedback is nice and rewarding but as a learning process I'd recommend getting a mentor or studying the field.

I have lots to say about beginner/amateur-made stuff (shit, I have made music for over 12 years and I'm still not happy with it), but I don't have the heart to break something what someone else has made. While music making is nice and rewarding, there comes a time when the true nature of producing reveals.
i feel you are completly missing the point of a 'New Talent & Reviews" section friend. It aint for pros son, learn to read... we are all here to help each other, not neccessarily promote the next anthem. expand your mind dude...

People play all kinds of instruments for fun, and a laptop is just another instrument. Wanting to get better at playing guitar is pretty straightforward in most places, you can just sign up for classes. That's a bit harder for us who play laptop, all the DnB producers in my town are already busy ;P. I'm pretty sure you haven't been living in agony for the last 12 years? It's fun even if it's not perfect (can it ever be?). It's fun to learn, it's fun to improve, and it's fun to create. If you have the knowledge to give people feedback on how to improve, that too is rewarding, and voluntary. I guess my point is, even if someone might never produce a song that anyone but themselves will like, it's not pointless to do it.

People play all kinds of instruments for fun, and a laptop is just another instrument. Wanting to get better at playing guitar is pretty straightforward in most places, you can just sign up for classes. That's a bit harder for us who play laptop, all the DnB producers in my town are already busy ;P. I'm pretty sure you haven't been living in agony for the last 12 years? It's fun even if it's not perfect (can it ever be?). It's fun to learn, it's fun to improve, and it's fun to create. If you have the knowledge to give people feedback on how to improve, that too is rewarding, and voluntary. I guess my point is, even if someone might never produce a song that anyone but themselves will like, it's not pointless to do it.
this is positive attitude t the fullest, that's (if I may be so bold) what this "our" website is about and how we thrive in my opinion...

Yeah, I'm not denying that. I was just pointing out why getting good feedback for learning can be difficult.

the fact that rob swire is your favorite producer tells me a lot though...

Haha, good one. I love that sarcastic mofo.

Can I quickly just point out that a large number of people on this forum are actually very talented producers and have got quite professional tracks signed to labels that have been well received? Here's a few tracks from some forum talents:

I have noticed a trend in this forum for people to listen to tracks but not feedback. For instance as an example......

Wayz- Brainstorm has 151 views but ONLY 10 feedbacks!!!

and

Indi- Farseer has 99 views but ONLY 7 feedbacks!!!!

It is an essential part of this forum to give and recieve feedback (i know i don't much but i am proposing something here!!:-/ )

Why don't we all put a bit more into this thing?!!!!

We should all be supporting each other not listening and neglecting to feedback.
Isn't that what this is all about?
Positive action?
Anyway enough of my rant.
:mad:

Well to be honest i take my blame for my lack of response on this forum.
Tbh i have been thinking about how selfishly i keep posting my tracks for you guys to review and not give any feedback to artists myself.
But one of my definite reasons why i don't take part in the revieing process is my lack of actual knowledge of the music production in general and therefore hindering my ability to actually provide any actual constructive criticism besides telling said artists if i just like the song or not.
But i will try to be more active in the future, i have gotten a lot of great feedback from this forum and im definetely planning to give some of that back to you guys :D

Well to be honest i take my blame for my lack of response on this forum.
Tbh i have been thinking about how selfishly i keep posting my tracks for you guys to review and not give any feedback to artists myself.
But one of my definite reasons why i don't take part in the revieing process is my lack of actual knowledge of the music production in general and therefore hindering my ability to actually provide any actual constructive criticism besides telling said artists if i just like the song or not.
But i will try to be more active in the future, i have gotten a lot of great feedback from this forum and im definetely planning to give some of that back to you guys :D
I can relate. But I don't think anyone will be mad at you if you make a high level comment, like "the melody in the first drop is nice" etc. just share what you feel confident sharing. Better to leave a "high level comment" than not at all. There are plenty of people with the skills to tell that the lows are muddy and mids are thin, hehe.

What I find maybe more interesting about lack of replies is the amount of people who "view" without actually listening to the tune. My last post on here has 62 views, no replies, and I know that not a single person actually listened to the tune. Not saying I am any better, I largely gave up on this forum for this reason and rarely come on to feedback any more. (By the way I'm not complaining, no reason why anyone would want to listen to my shitty tunes...just weird that people look but then don't bother play!)

However, any kind of feedback can be so helpful...as a rank amateur internet taught producer I've learnt pretty much everything useful from people's comments on tunes and can't see myself significantly improving without more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom