Why do people not feedback on this forum?

only true way to get someone to give you feed back on this forum is to pm random members dick picks and say "PLZ LISTEN TO MY TOON", that's how I get so many reviews on my mixes ;)

good one to pm is @Moskit, he loves reviewing a track, but won't give your track a click if you don't show that dick!

Dunno, seems like the best way is to not feedback anything at all and wait for a few members to tell you how shit your track is, that's when the 'big boys' come in with the actual advice; new members > retaining current members.

I used to pick a time once a week to go down through everyone's tunes and respond to everyone on the first page of the thread or Forum page whatever, but life has gotten busy for me recently so I apologize for not being more active in participating

Dunno, seems like the best way is to not feedback anything at all and wait for a few members to tell you how shit your track is, that's when the 'big boys' come in with the actual advice; new members > retaining current members.

Or dick pics ...........

In all seriousness it's like any community, you give people feedback and people with give back to you, you get back what you put in, get to know people on the forum rather just being another random newbie who wants everyone to tell them their track is the best thing since Indian ket, thing is as well people need to give constructive critique not just "nice track man" explain to people what you like about the track and if there is anything you don't like in the track why you don't like it, people seem to get butt hurt when anyone tells them that they are not feeling their track cause of some reasons rather than taking it on board and trying better next time, because that's the only way anyone will get any better, not people just blowing smoke up other people's arse

I would offer some more advice in the production section but I've only been doing it a few years and not an expert so even if I do have some feedback I don't know what to tell people to do to fix it

All about building relationships with people mate then they will listen to your tracks and give feedback

Well that's exactly the issue. I've been producing shitty tracks for less time than you, but also feel like (and am not shy in admitting in any feedback request thread) I need A LOT of pointers in terms of boosting the quality of what I produce. I'm not going to jump into feedback threads and pretend like I know what I'm talking about when I don't, but it's easy to say what I do like because it's completely independent of the recipients production ability, and if you want to call that blowing smoke up people's ass then so be it, but it's just the truth. I know that my activity on this forum hasn't really been significant enough to bitch or whinge about the give and take aspect of it, but I can see plenty of guys putting a lot of time and effort into this and receiving nothing in return, which is really demotivating in terms of 'building relationships' and maintaining activity.

Now, without speaking for anyone else, the last thing I want is someone to tell me that my track is the best thing since cool guy dust; while I can understand that a response advising the recipient that their track hasn't been well received is a part of the feedback process, failing to mention any reason as to why or suggestion for improvement just turns said response (in my eyes at least) into nothing more than a tool to further the poster's image, something that this forum seems to be unable to balance with being a funny edgelord. Once again, please don't perceive this as a complaint; I've always managed to get some good feedback in terms of specifying room for further development from a few fellas on this forum, but unfortunately I can't say that I've seen fair treatment for all when input to receipt is taken into account, especially when (as you have done in this post) the idea of 'you get as good as you give' is touted as gospel.

I completely get your point man, it's all just down to individual people at the end of the day I was just highlighting that the only way I had feedback in my mixes is by listening to other people's mixes and giving them feedback

Also my comment wasn't aimed at you dude just the general attitude of new people to the forum i have seen over the years

I've got a few tings posted in the 'New Talent and Track Reviews' section.

Pour example:

Take the Poll and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. :gaywhite:
It starts shit. Should start from 0 vol and fade up slowly.

I like the samples used at 15 and 20secs.

28seconds... oh deer.. bit off track... hope it don't derail....

And it pretty much goes on from there.

Ok production is good. You know how to make a tune so that's most the battle.

But the vibe... is shit.. those samples are the key... and some influence from Reza and his Cylon beats may inspire greatness in you.

Remember. Choose the sword and you join the great. Choose the ball and you join the others in death. You don't understand my words but you must choose...

Back
Top Bottom