what do you think about piano samples in dnb tunes?

czech me out
i'd like to know your opinions about using a classic piano sound in dnb tracks, because i have been disapproving it all the time, but few weeks ago i heard "the lighter" and dj'ss "intro" in tango's remix and i liked the piano samples sooo much! so what about you? :)

I don't see the problem with it...
If it's done well, pretty much anything can work in a D&B tune, I reckon.

-walrus

yes, i'm sure we all heard various unthinkable sounds in drum'n'bass, but i heard people saying "i hate piano sound in dnb, it has nothing to do there", so i was interested in wider opinion..

its a no no

of course if its sick its sick but in general its a huge no no. I think all dillinjahs melodics are stupid as shit. I guess thats what makes his tunes special, the melodics work fine in his tunes but taken out of context theyre laughable.

Some sound really cool, few John B tunes spring to mind. On the other hand some sound really shit and far too cheesy.

Renegade Terrorist remix by dom n roland rules all.

Pianos and DnB can be really nice and sweet on a ballad track. Good for live PA's that perform with keyboards and gear. But typically for a DJ to use a track with alot of piano... it would sound silly unless it was the break. or an ambient track.

aren't we forgetting "shake u're body" ??? and, for that matter, all the brazillian stuff that's coming out. maybe not that phatt, but it suits the sound.

Back
Top Bottom