DnB RSD15 (record store day)

Disturbd

DnB
VIP Junglist
25/04/15 Anyone got any info of what dnb releases will be part of it this year I've heard no info at all upto now

Last edited:
I know Hospital are boycotting it. From what Tony Colman says they've made a rule that means to participate you need to press a minimum of 300 records, I think, and with all the mainstream labels using all the pressing plants, with the 'resurgence of vinyl', to make limited edition pressings of big artists it doesn't exactly promote indie labels to participate. But that's just Hospital, dunno if the other labels feel the same way.

All I know is i'm still kicking myself for not being quick enough, & missing out on the Exit vs Metalheadz release from last year. I won't b letting that happen again....

I know Hospital are boycotting it. From what Tony Colman says they've made a rule that means to participate you need to press a minimum of 300 records, I think, and with all the mainstream labels using all the pressing plants, with the 'resurgence of vinyl', to make limited edition pressings of big artists it doesn't exactly promote indie labels to participate. But that's just Hospital, dunno if the other labels feel the same way.

It should be all about the indie labels, the ones that keep record stores running throughout the year and the tough times. Not about clogging the pressing plants up with some rehashed 'collectors edition' record from a major label or some One Direction monstrosity aimed at 12 year old girls that have never even heard of vinyl let alone own a record player.

Like most things, im sure RSD started out with good intentions but has now it's just a bastardised version of itself. A poster boy for the 'vinyl revival'.

It should be all about the indie labels, the ones that keep record stores running throughout the year and the tough times. Not about clogging the pressing plants up with some rehashed 'collectors edition' record from a major label or some One Direction monstrosity aimed at 12 year old girls that have never even heard of vinyl let alone own a record player.

Like most things, im sure RSD started out with good intentions but has now it's just a bastardised version of itself. A poster boy for the 'vinyl revival'.

I just think its ironic how the whole RSD things gets in the way, and pushes out release dates of the regular labels who are doing their thing. Not really well thought out really

I know the Hyperdub "Next Life" compilation is getting presses for those of us into our footwork. Also the Etch Chemotaxis EP which is jungly cuts was getting pressed for RSD last time I checked.

Why on earth is this getting pressed.

Hoping for another Exit VS Headz special. Justified Remix pleeeeeeeeaaaaase.
True Romance VIP was a nice touch last year.

This is gonna be my first time spending RSD in London. Recommendations on what to do where to go...? Shame BM Soho is gone just before it

25/04/15 Anyone got any info of what dnb releases will be part of it this year I've heard no info at all upto now

Ez mate. The full list of releases is announced tonight 7.30pm Tuesday 10th march on xfm
Listen here http://www.xfm.co.uk/london/radio/player/

I've not seen any Dnb yet but lots of hip hop and Dubstep bits

And for those not knowing where to go come down to intense records, Chelmsford. Only 20 mins on train from Liverpool street. We will be having an Instore party, Beers, BBQ, beats.. Bring ur tunes for open deck sessions, plus special guests on the day, we had alix Perez and messy last year, and sp:mc year before. Good times :)

This is gonna be my first time spending RSD in London. Recommendations on what to do where to go...? Shame BM Soho is gone just before it

Normally go get a Bodeans and get drunk before the music comes on outside BM. Really really unsure as to what the hell is going to go down this year dnb wise.

I don't know what I'm going to do now that bm is closed.

I might even swerve it this year.
When the list comes out tonight it might reveal something we all want, but considering hit the floor is getting pressed I am not holding out much hope...

Once again I reiterate, Justified Spectrasoul Remix please.

You never know the people that pressed Its Not Me Its You remix and that Dbridge remix might release another nice one off record again.

All my mates are house and techno fassys so no doubt I'll be dragged to something they wanna do.

Back
Top Bottom