Misanthrop - I Need More EP

I think we can all hear why it's not on Neosignal cuz

because its not as good as his normal stuff? or not quite as techy? I think I could find tunes similar to 3 of these on this EP released by Neosignal over the past few years (not Big Data, that's a bit different)

I don't mind it, but think it might not last long in the box so probably wouldn't bag the vinyl (if there is a pressing that is)

Phace doesn't exclusively release on Neosignal (Critical, etc) so why should Misanthrop?

just seemed that Phace & Misanthrop did their solo and combo releases on their own label (there's only been a couple of feature by Phace on Critical, not any full 12"s let alone an EP), kind of like Noisia with Vision (over the last few years). its not good or bad really, just an observation

because its not as good as his normal stuff? or not quite as techy? I think I could find tunes similar to 3 of these on this EP released by Neosignal over the past few years (not Big Data, that's a bit different)

I don't mind it, but think it might not last long in the box so probably wouldn't bag the vinyl (if there is a pressing that is)

Yeah, your point, plus it's not really pushing any boundaries or doing anything new, sounds very similar to his previous works, things like that. Many good points that have been mentioned above. Just not quite up to that Neosignal standard really, but as you say, not a bad release in any shape or form, just not a great release.

To me, almost all of the tracks on the EP sounds quite similar (or in some parts) to the Garbage Truck remix haha.

You mean Deadlock right? I mean I highly rate both tunes, they are both in a very similar style that Misanthrop has built in the last year ot two which shits over any phace production in the same time IMO. He came up with something unique & introduce something new... unlike most neuro producers... but this EP is a big step back - like someone told him to do something similar and he did something very quickly for money.

Listen to Capitalism intro and then to the Deadlock intro :uberlaugh
I Need More is kinda the same just with garbage truck remix.

This is almost as embarrassing as the Tryhard vs Waveform case:

Oh well, I leave some good vibes: Deadlock & Garbage Truck Remix are some of the best neuro to come out since 2010! Well done Misanthrop!

Last edited by a moderator:
you could say the same for most of Blackouts output since it started tbh, they were putting out way better music under BSE Recordings

This. Tbh I've been basically nothing but dissapointed with BlackOut releases. This EP is kinda ok'ish, but expected a lot more given it's Misanthrop in question.

This. Tbh I've been basically nothing but dissapointed with BlackOut releases. This EP is kinda ok'ish, but expected a lot more given it's Misanthrop in question.

I just listened to the snippets of that new Telekenisis EP that came out on Blackout today, and its also sounds pretty boring lol

Gotta say that the Optiv & BTK ep was cool though, and Variations on Black has quite a few tracks that I like

Back
Top Bottom