Shy FX Live?

U

User 66273

Hey guys,

Shy FX is playing in town sometime later this year and I'm unsure whether to go see him. I think i've seen once or twice in the past and I don't particularly remember enjoying his sets... What sort of style/tunes does he usually play? I know he's quite popular but is he a top notch dnb dj who plays fire?!

I think he tends to play a bit of everything these days, house, dubstep, DNB, Reggae. Really varied sets.

Check out his Fabriclive CD I think that should pretty much sum his sets up.

I have only ever seen him play a DNB set (back in 2006) and wasn't blown away or anything but, I am dying to catch him now he plays all genres

I've seen him quite a few times in the last few years and always really enjoyed his sets

Like stated above, he plays a variety of genres but mostly dnb

Mixture of new and old, 'underground' tunes and few commercial ones

Tunes he usually plays in his sets include bambaata and he also likes to play the original nuttah acapella with power of ra lol

Really good to watch, but only once a year... then watch again when he makes a new set ha

really depends where you see him. I remember seeing him at boomtown festival 2012 i think it was, maybe have been 13, but he played a pretty bad set with a really commercial selection and not great mixing and some people said he played the exact same set at a different festival.

But when I saw him at a club in Southampton a few months ago, mixing was a lot better, selection was very varied even to the point of him playing that skepta tune "thats not me". Seems like he plays just as much 140 as dnb nowadays.

Saw him in Leeds the other week, wasnt really impressed, didnt play much dnb and like he ^ said, played some commercial grime stuff which was a bit rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom