Minimal Tech 170 [Vol. 3]

Vanden

-nieuwenhuysen
VIP Junglist

So the Samurai competition gave me a kick up the arse to record a new mix. This is my take on what a warm up set for a Samurai night would be (which happened to fit in nicely with the previous two mixes in the series) - starting off quite minimal and building it up towards the end, refraining from playing all the Samurai bangerz (as that's Presha's job).

Tracklist:

Bija - Forest Consumption [Free Download]
Tack - Abyss [Free Download]
Burial & Spaceape - Spaceape [Hyperdub]
Acid Lab - Smoking Dub VIP [Urban Poetry]
B Could - Predictor [Alphacut]
Acid Lab - Senses [Urban Poetry]
George Commix - Ghost Loops [31 Records]
The Last Hero - Centurion [CX Digital]
Overlook - Persona [31 Records]
Dan HabarNam - Rendering The Garlic Boy [Cylon]
Clarity & Overlook - Rohypnol [Samurai Horo]
Chimpo - Dumb (Feat. Fixate) [Exit]
Ena - Nerve Fibre [Samurai Horo]
dBridge - Module Eight [Pleasure District]
Clarity - Reflex [Samurai]
Cern & Overlook - Nevada Ghost [Horizons Music]
Ahmad - Kingston Sound [Architecture]
Kid Drama - Kill Time [Pleasure District]

Download enabled on soundcloud.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Wattup vanden. Will be checking this at some point. Do u know if people from the states can enter the comp? I don't see anything saying we can't but these usually aren't for the stateside DJ's.

Gunna whirl this at some stage today Rob.
Love seeing TL's where I know virtually none of the tunes.

Loads of mixes to listen to recently feel spoilt for choice!

Wattup vanden. Will be checking this at some point. Do u know if people from the states can enter the comp? I don't see anything saying we can't but these usually aren't for the stateside DJ's.

I don't see why not, as it hasn't stated anything. Let me know what you think mate.

Gunna whirl this at some stage today Rob.
Love seeing TL's where I know virtually none of the tunes.

Loads of mixes to listen to recently feel spoilt for choice!

(y) Cheers Stu.

Every time I listen back to my own mixes, they get worse and worse with each listen - does anyone else get that?

Wattup Vanden..... finished this and its a good mix mang. I think i know the exact spots that bother you on this one tho. There were like 3 spots that prolly bug the shit out of you. I was in the car so i can't pin point them for you. I do the same thing with my mixes especially when i go back and listen to them after a while im like what the hell was i thinking ha ha. But i really enjoyed this mix tho mang the over all vibe was good and i would love to hear a set like this live. Good Luck mang!

Cheers for the feedback mate!! Yeh, recorded it in a bit of a rush for the competition but oh well

Very enjoyable mix Rob, suiting to the Samurai style with lots and lots that I hadn't heard before, so will be keeping it on the mem stick for another list or 2 in the car :) Favourite string had to be Persona - Rendering The Garlic Boy ;) - Rohypnol - Dumb. Didn't realise it was Persona playing till it was almost out haha. Garlic Boy - Rohypnol was a wicked blend and the beats went really well with each other on that, and always great to hear Dumb in there.

Closely followed by Module Eight - Reflex - Nevada Ghost. I need to get back on mixing that whole Clarity LP tbh. Love it so much just haven't mixed it much (which still makes it sound fresh as :lol: ) and again had to rack my brains to think what Nevada Ghost was when I heard it in the car. Don't leave it so long next time mate!

Very enjoyable mix Rob, suiting to the Samurai style with lots and lots that I hadn't heard before, so will be keeping it on the mem stick for another list or 2 in the car :) Favourite string had to be Persona - Rendering The Garlic Boy ;) - Rohypnol - Dumb. Didn't realise it was Persona playing till it was almost out haha. Garlic Boy - Rohypnol was a wicked blend and the beats went really well with each other on that, and always great to hear Dumb in there.

Closely followed by Module Eight - Reflex - Nevada Ghost. I need to get back on mixing that whole Clarity LP tbh. Love it so much just haven't mixed it much (which still makes it sound fresh as :lol: ) and again had to rack my brains to think what Nevada Ghost was when I heard it in the car. Don't leave it so long next time mate!

Glad you enjoyed it mate! And thanks for pointing out your favourite bits. Thinking I'm gonna get something done in the footwork/juke end of the spectrum next - bit of a change.

This is quality man. Jammed out to this for the 3rd/4th time yesterday afternoon.

Love Rohypnol. Actually was close to popping that in my last mix. The mix with Rendering the Garlic boy (which I have somewhere but guessing its in the loft) was swish.

Other than that my fav section was

dBridge - Module Eight [Pleasure District]
Clarity - Reflex [Samurai]
Cern & Overlook - Nevada Ghost [Horizons Music]
Ahmad - Kingston Sound [Architecture]

Love that Ahmad album. But yea felt this 3 tune section rolled nicely off each other.

Lots of tunes I didn't know in this mix which makes for more interesting listening, ending up getting lost in a tracklist then the mix finishes before you know it!

Big ups man. Solid mix, looking forward to vol.4 (y)

Back
Top Bottom