Rockwell teases new LP

Mania

i fukin wot m8
VIP Junglist
http://instagram.com/p/zKYwRXNuAe/

10989128_10155183995820246_1571370849471668480_n.jpg

As long as its not like 99% of his recent output on Shogun it'll be good...

As long as its not like 99% of his recent output on Shogun it'll be good...

Here's to hoping.

Haven't bought a Rockwell release since No! Yet own all the prior releases
Times change; I think there was an article he wrote about how his production style has developed & evolved so we won't hear that early simplistic style most of us love.

Really hope Patrol the Block featuring Stapleton is on the LP, that's a proper tune!

I hope it is actually called ROCKWELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP.

Haha! Well played, got a nice ring to it

- - - Updated - - -

Rockwell's all about pushing boundaries & doing something different, I have no doubt this LP will be no exception. In fact I think he's going to push things even further out of the box because he can stretch his wings & do what he wants for lack of a better term, as it's an album project. I wouldn't hold my breath for the Rockwell sound of yesteryear lads, I think this LP is going to take us to a place we have never been before :eyepop:

Really hope Patrol the Block featuring Stapleton is on the LP, that's a proper tune!

Tis a tune ;) but probably won't be on the LP though

I like his (old) new stuff (anything before I Need U / 1234... went off the A side quickly) and his trap stuff, but prefer his old stuff personally. Interested to see what this is going to be like.

Hope it comes out this year! And hope Shogun don't press all of it on 2x12" like Icicle's last LP. Diminished volume quality :-/ Give us a solid EP with a sampler like Alix's last LP please

Hope it comes out this year! And hope Shogun don't press all of it on 2x12" like Icicle's last LP. Diminished volume quality :-/ Give us a solid EP with a sampler like Alix's last LP please

I'm afraid this is already a standard for future Shogun LPs. Started with the Technimatic one, which really pissed me off...

I'm afraid this is already a standard for future Shogun LPs. Started with the Technimatic one, which really pissed me off...

It really puts me off buying any new releases on record when I see 4 tunes cut to one 1 plate.
Completely agree with all the above.

It really puts me off buying any new releases on record when I see 4 tunes cut to one 1 plate.
Completely agree with all the above.

See, there's nothing more discouraging for me to have to buy 3 separate pieces of vinyl to get 6 tracks off an album that has 12 and is probably meant to be listened to in its entirety. Not that I condone what Shogun is doing, but I love labels like BMT pressing all the album tracks to an LP.

See, there's nothing more discouraging for me to have to buy 3 separate pieces of vinyl to get 6 tracks off an album that has 12 and is probably meant to be listened to in its entirety. Not that I condone what Shogun is doing, but I love labels like BMT pressing all the album tracks to an LP.

I don't buy vinyl for the sake of mixing it anymore, simply can't afford it and i'm running Serato. I only really buy stuff that really feels special to me. So all tracks on an LP is what i'd prefer as well but i'm saying that as a listener/collector as apposed to DJ. 5 tracks on 1 side mixing wise is a right ball ache!

- - - Updated - - -

another thread, another vinyl debate

I really respect Rockwell as an artist, seems a nice guy too! However I personally haven't got much of a taste for his recent output unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom