Spirit - Gateman
Digital - Waterhouse Dub
Amoss - Flex
Commix - Electric
Fracture & FD - No Rest
Survival, Octane & DLR - Transition
Commix - Be True
Break - Let It Happen
Wots My Code - Dubplate (Total Science Remix)
Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break Remix)
Amoss - Piano Licks
dBridge & Vegas - True Romance

Just had a listen mate - real good mix, extra props for off the cuff + vinyl. Gonna record one tonight myself for the comp. Was nice to hear Fracture & FD - No Rest again - so funky!

cheers guys! i went for the vibes on this one as i would want to hear a set like that as a warm up for those kind of djs. i think i mightve got a bit carried away with the mixing in places but tried to keep it relatively slow and smooth. but at the same time thats not really me. hope it turned out ok!

Really good man. Not sure if parts of it fit the Samurai style but good mix regardless, especially as its on records/freestyled etc.

Selection on point for me personally. Good luck pal (y)

I checked this. Have to agree with Agent ....not sure if this fits the horo style but it may be just what they are looking for right? Thought the mix was nice and especially for freestyle session. Every time i listen to your mixes i always come across mixes that i have done before.....they always sound better when somebody else does them i dont know why ha ha. the only thing was the Blue Room mix....something about that trak....its a bitch....
EZ

- - - Updated - - -

oh but i do like the fact that you freestyled a mix comp entry ha ha.....most people try to line everything up and you were just like fuck it this is how i play....BOSS

I checked this. Have to agree with Agent ....not sure if this fits the horo style but it may be just what they are looking for right? Thought the mix was nice and especially for freestyle session. Every time i listen to your mixes i always come across mixes that i have done before.....they always sound better when somebody else does them i dont know why ha ha. the only thing was the Blue Room mix....something about that trak....its a bitch....
EZ

- - - Updated - - -

oh but i do like the fact that you freestyled a mix comp entry ha ha.....most people try to line everything up and you were just like fuck it this is how i play....BOSS

Thanks yea I obviously want to win the competition like everyone but I'm not gonna change the way I do things for it. That's part of the reason I went back to vinyl, I found traktor so organised and rigid and kind of struggled to find tunes that worked so ended up planning everything and therefore enjoying it less. So thought fuck it, a lot of classic tunes cost the same on vinyl as an MP3 anyway and they're generally better. I could've gone a lot deeper on this I have a few times on Samurai's Horo label but thought a nice rolling vibey set would be good to warm things up as well as playing something a bit different to the rest of the DJs which is never a bad thing in my eyes.

big mix as always Dan. Favourite bit for me was Spectrasoul - Reminiscence > DLR & Script ft. Martyna Baker - Blue Room > Spirit - Gateman > Digital - Waterhouse Dub > Amoss - Flex > Commix - Electric, great selection there, also props for mixing in blue room can never seem to get that one in the mix, big up mate

big mix as always Dan. Favourite bit for me was Spectrasoul - Reminiscence > DLR & Script ft. Martyna Baker - Blue Room > Spirit - Gateman > Digital - Waterhouse Dub > Amoss - Flex > Commix - Electric, great selection there, also props for mixing in blue room can never seem to get that one in the mix, big up mate

Thanks man! Yea Blue Room is a percy! I mix it wherever I can

Big ups :)

I lost but listen anyway pls

there were no losers, just lots of 4th placers

What was the winning entry?

Anyways [MENTION=67595]danwell[/MENTION] this was really good, battered this a few times.

Fav section:
Skeptical - Catch 22
Sabre - Halo Danger
Spectrasoul - Reminiscence

I love reminiscence! Reminds me to dig it out. Great 3 tune burst there.
Did you get a black copy of Catch 22 or is that the blue one? Hate mixing coloured vinyls so my copy of that stays where it is tbh!

Digged the bits towards the end Let It Happen, Whats My Code remix, Alibi remix, Oddly never heard Piano Licks before wicked tune.

Looking forward to seeing you rinse out another Grooves night man.
Big da fug up ma negger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom