The 303 Compo Thread

ok so a couple of things:

a) is it too early to extend the deadline? nobodys going to make 2nd of March, thats just silly. or?

b) anyone know what we can do for the prize? anyone got something to put up as prize? samplepack is likely otherwise internets i guess

samplepack coming your way asap big man! seems like everyone is going through a bit of a block right now

Well better said im stuck at one point in every tune i started...Bud glad im not the only one, lol..Anyway, I still havent received the link:confused:

ok so a couple of things:

a) is it too early to extend the deadline? nobodys going to make 2nd of March, thats just silly. or?

b) anyone know what we can do for the prize? anyone got something to put up as prize? samplepack is likely otherwise internets i guess

yea i recon an extension is needed

the prize could be a sample pack or maybe a voucher for a music site?

sorry i fell asleep, ill send the link when i get to work. good call marklars, it could, but how? we used to do a collection a while back and crowd source the money, i seem to recall, but then i dont have paypal because im a liability and cannot be trusted with anything of importance, so im not sure how to go about it

I sent the files over logikz... I'm completely out of my comfort zone on this but enjoying it nonetheless... Good luck skallys... Anyone else need files btw I will be sober enough to complete this task

much obliged manus, i realize im not the only one with a job here, but today was utter and complete hell fuck horse spider through the spine on rikers island, pistol on your poodle and i shot that bitch

I sent the files over logikz... I'm completely out of my comfort zone on this but enjoying it nonetheless... Good luck skallys... Anyone else need files btw I will be sober enough to complete this task
If you can send me the link for the pack/vst that would be great, I have the day free to start on it

nice onnnnnnnnne bodo! and ill check with tom at session next week if he has time to be in on it [MENTION=6906]$marty[/MENTION] @dnbforum we would be unthinkably grateful if you would come onboard as judges for this compo? what say you lads! a veritable ASS LOAD of internets for you, if you do! anyone from dexcell would be good actually.

if you didnt already know what compo jury duty entalis, ill give a brief (because there really isnt much to it) explanation, we will have a public vote (poll in thread), to get the 4-5 most popular tunes, and you then write reviews of them, and grade them. then, when everyones good and ready, we can by a simple formula derive who won and in what order the finalists placed.

the review you write is entirely up to you, but you have to at least try to be a bit comprehensive, so write a little about the technical stuff (mixdown, mastering, sample processing), the musicality (what you think of the music basically), if the tune follows the rules (in this case its a 303 theme, so there has to be clearly identifiable 303 stuff in there and it has to be dnb and it has to be made from the samplepack. all contestants are encouraged to keep notes, as they might be challenged to explain how they came up with a certain sound, under pain of disqualification. this has never happened, but could, should the judges feel that way, or any of the contestantes too) and a little bit that sums it all up. critique it in a constructive way, albeit 100% personal and 100% subjective. and thats the sweet part about compo jury duty, you dont have to justify jack squat, youre a judge and your word is final.

now some people are good at writing, they understand how to approach someone about their art, and can do all this with a few elegant paragraphs, whereas others really spit it up into paragraphs:

PRODUCTION: yeh, deffo needs work

MUSICALITY: i like the lead

(true story, that exact bit is from a compo a few years ago and i will try not to name the penis head that wrote it haha) which is also cool, just try not to leave little chavvy grunts, you should be able to write some real feedback, which really isnt that difficult, in fact, its kind of fun, and many of the contestants do their own reviews of all entries, something i always held in very high regard.

Sure, I can try. I don't think I'll be much good at writing reviews though. I just go by how things sound.

Back
Top Bottom