Who mixes lossless music?

Do ya?

• Total voters
In the end it's just a matter of how you listen to music as well, as that article stated. I have invested into some high quality audio equipment because I love music more than anything, and want to listen to it in the highest quality possible in this life. So from a passionate point of view, plus having the space and speed, still listening now to lossy music makes no sense to me.

Then you're better off getting FLAC's, or at least converting to FLAC

do you prefer FLACs purely because of their size? I don't know if iTunes can burn FLACs to CD

- - - Updated - - -

The only time I play mp3s now is if there is not a lossless quality file available. Its annoying when a tune is given as a free download but only as an mp3.. Don't quite understand that one.

do you prefer FLACs purely because of their size? I don't know if iTunes can burn FLACs to CD

- - - Updated - - -

The only time I play mp3s now is if there is not a lossless quality file available. Its annoying when a tune is given as a free download but only as an mp3.. Don't quite understand that one.
That's because the producer plays that mp3 when he dj's too. Nobody plays lossless, homie.

That's because the producer plays that mp3 when he dj's too. Nobody plays lossless, homie.

most producers, clearly being heavily into music, I would assume use the highest quality sound available. When someone makes a tune, they don't make it as an mp3. I very much doubt Andy C gets sent tunes from RAM producers as mp3s.

my internets shit so if I bought FLACs/WAVs it would take all day to download, then id also have to convert them to stick them on my ipod/phone or theyd run out of space 5 x quicker

So ill stick with MP3s for now

I'm saying the vast majority of dj's play mp3's. I can't believe I'm even debating this.

I am not doubting that your average dj plays mp3s, that's obvious. What I am saying is that I doubt big DJs that are any good play mp3s. DJing is what they do, of course they are gonna buy the highest quality sound available.

Tim viper said a while ago that labels dont send out flacs or wavs its just mp3s?? tim to the front desk

what about cd-js? dont anyone dj with cds no more? haha remember that discussion? compared to 'mixing mp3s'

cant help but feel like weve been very misguided at times. the only thing that makes me feel a little better is that the intention was good. but still, some severely misguided discussions that, much like this one, were fiercely opinionated and hot headed.

so let me get this straight, the normal medium for a dj to mix tunes on, these days, is mp3s? or computer files of some kind that a program like traktor accepts?

and then what, is it all in the box, or do people use that midi controller vinyl disc?

Tim viper said a while ago that labels dont send out flacs or wavs its just mp3s?? tim to the front desk
Ya all the promo lists I've ever seen via Fatdrop, Label Engine or whatever are sending 320s. I've literally never once ever been asked by a DJ to send a WAV instead of a 320, and I've sent hundreds and hundreds of promos, AIM transfers, WeTransfers, emails, etc.

Ya all the promo lists I've ever seen via Fatdrop, Label Engine or whatever are sending 320s. I've literally never once ever been asked by a DJ to send a WAV instead of a 320, and I've sent hundreds and hundreds of promos, AIM transfers, WeTransfers, emails, etc.

This is surprising, I would've thought DJs would want to play music in the best quality possible.

check this video from 6.30

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom